Gamer Thread: Only for the gamers.

Artemis

Just Punked Himself
Reaction score
Website
www.falcon-eye.co.uk
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Thinking that I should start a gamer thread, we need a home here.

Just to warn The css players here, Steam have done a great job of punching us in the nuts.
Yep
The patch, bascially they released a great patch, that, recks the game
You will have to download it, and I cant tell you how itll effect you, cause it hits everyone differently.
Its hit me by stopping the game completely, one person now gets a ping of 700, and another (our clan founder) is unchanged, which is odd.
Itll be in by monday, cause the new Aftermath (not sure if thats what its called) ad on is out, and itll need fixing by then.
Hold yah hoarses ladies and girls.

In other news, BFME is getting re patched so that Gandalf cant win the battle himself...but apparently the patch may not come through now, as of course there will now be a BFME2.

More updates later, keep tuned, and reply :D

You know that by saying only for gamers that just invites us to post :lol:

You know anything about graphics cards artimis?

I bought a nvidia 6600GT and now, CSS and BF2 dont work any more...I have the right drivers installed and they used to work fine before the ugrade.

My Boss asked me to get him a copy of Counter Strike, I dunno where i'm gonna get it coz none of my friends nearby have it and i personally never got into it because of it's repetitive nature. :???:

Hahaha....my boyfriend is the ultimate gamer...he'd love this thread. He plays Counter Strike, among many many MANY others...and he designs video games as well. :) That's what he plans to do for a living after he gets his graphic design degree.

JohnMF said:
You know anything about graphics cards artimis?

I bought a nvidia 6600GT and now, CSS and BF2 dont work any more...I have the right drivers installed and they used to work fine before the ugrade.

If you mean the Steam patch, then thats happening to everyone.
If you mean your graphics card update, that happend to me too, go back to the oroginal drivers you got with your card or p.c. and itll work fine and dandy...

Xmetal said:
My Boss asked me to get him a copy of Counter Strike, I dunno where i'm gonna get it coz none of my friends nearby have it and i personally never got into it because of it's repetitive nature. :???:

Youll have to buy it via steam, or buy hl2.
Steams pretty protective, and I dont think theres a way to illegally get a copy of CSS, sorry.

hehe, just nick names.

CSS = Counter Strike Source
BFME(2) = Battle For Middle Earth
HL2 = Half Life 2
BF2 = Battlefield 2

Steam is a anti theft/update program, it has to be running to play CSS and HL2, and their update has buggerd up the game, like the BF2 patch, the first one they released had to be re rolled...

Ahh, nothing shapes up to the magic of the pc

Has anyone downloaded enemy territory? free and great game...

ill get the IP for my clans CSS server...

Also, im gonna buy guild wars sometime soon...

Artemis said:
Ahh, nothing shapes up to the magic of the pc

I am a PC gamer from way back and used to be anti-console (they are killing the game industry! doom! DOOM!)

But then I got an xbox... and things like this were a thing of the past:

heh I still love my PC and admit that the ultimate visual quality will always be on a PC version of a game but you can not beat the convenience of a console when you just want to sit down and play.

Speaking of games, has anyone tried Dragonshard? It is a Dungeons and Dragons based RTS.

Steam is a disgraceful piece of software. i used to play CS back in the days of 1.5 then they got all shields and stuff and killed it.

I got HL2 and it was great. Not really interested in online gaming anymore though.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back