Gannet on Heligoland

LaFoto'sSister

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hallo. I have not forgotten you.
Here is a new photo for you to discuss with me.
I think these birds are called gannets in English.
It was taken some time ago on the island of Heligoland.

MweHelgoland.jpg

I cannot come often. Sorry.

You are correct, they are Gannets. They are an ocean bird and very rarely wonder in to the Great Lakes, but they have. They are a large bird. Very nice capture of it spreading it's giant wings. Post more soon.

Hang on!
Who do I see has made her appearance once again on this board??????
My sister!
Oh, what a surprise! I thought this would never happen, despite all my attempts to make her join.
So you chose this one for a next presentation? (Of course I've known this photo all along). A pity that is has been condensed to this tiny size. It is much nicer in print - a large print, that is! You know, of course, that I have always liked this one very much because this one bird (these are no sea gulls then? I've taken them for that for all this time...... :oops: ) spread its wings the moment you took this photo. You must have had your 300mm lens fully extended for this, judged by the blurred stretch of grass right up the front?
(I'm asking her questions, she might as well only come back in 8 weeks time... and she's still owing me e-mail, too, in reply to the "Weather Report" photos that I mailed to her... Hmph. But she had time to come here... ah well...:spank: )

Just joking....

:meh: 59 views and two comments only - one by her sister?
I fear we can't thus convince her that this is the place she should come to more often... :( :cry:

Great photo. I really like this one.

Most reactions

Back