Garden Setting Engagement Session

AprilRamone

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.apriloharephotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Yep, another one at Hudson Gardens. My clients just really love the location.
It was part family session too as she has a son from her previous marriage and I wanted to make sure we included him. She was very grateful for that.
1.)
CCS-G.jpg

2.)
CCS-C.jpg

3.)
CCS-E.jpg

4.)
CCS-N.jpg

I feel in the first two shots they are competing with the blossoms.
But the last two rock!! Nice work.

I actually like #2 the best, the colors really make the shot and show the vibrancy of spring. But the color is great throughout all of them. They look very relaxed and unposed.

This is a good example of a very well executed session. Well done!

These are wonderful. Your posing is excellent! They look very relaxed and natural and your exposures look great as well. Awesome job!

Thanks for the feedback everyone!
Ever since I had the engagement session where the couple was really shy and nervous I've been preparing the subjects better and telling them to "practice" cuddling which has seemed to help make them more at ease as they know better what I'm expecting from them. My new MO is to call people before their session and go over things more than I did before which I think makes them more relaxed because then they already know what to expect before they arrive. Having that extra bit of contact with me before the session helps make them feel like they know me more as well I think so it's not as much of a stranger situation.

Thanks for the feedback everyone!
Ever since I had the engagement session where the couple was really shy and nervous I've been preparing the subjects better and telling them to "practice" cuddling which has seemed to help make them more at ease as they know better what I'm expecting from them. My new MO is to call people before their session and go over things more than I did before which I think makes them more relaxed because then they already know what to expect before they arrive. Having that extra bit of contact with me before the session helps make them feel like they know me more as well I think so it's not as much of a stranger situation.
This is such a great way to do things!:thumbup:

Beautiful job! I really love that you brought the son into the mix. It makes for a very beautiful first family picture that they'll cherish forever! I think my favorite is #1. Love the blossoms! I don't absolutely love the grooms pose in the third one, and I'm not even exactly sure why.

Great series!

I *really* love that first one! THe composition around the flowers/garden is perfect and they look really relaxed. Great job, I"m sure they were thrilled.

One nitpick- the frame you chose doesn't mesh with these (imo) I think a solid more traditional frame goes better with engagement shots.

Very nice job! I love all of them and they will too. :)

Beautiful job!! #4 is just great...

As NJMAN said - well executed session..and the preparation you did before hand by connecting with your clients - shows!

Keep it up...

I love the second and the last one. Beautiful shots!

Most reactions

Back