Gardeners! Share your garden photos and garden chatter here.

Those are beautiful! Never heard of this variety but sure do appreciate the history. I'll look around for these.
They've naturalized over a few areas at the family ruin--will try to post a shot. It may take some snooping around to find the bulbs but they're worth sourcing for the fall. Not exactly for cutting--they're only about 3 inches tall...

They've naturalized over a few areas at the family ruin--will try to post a shot. It may take some snooping around to find the bulbs but they're worth sourcing for the fall. Not exactly for cutting--they're only about 3 inches tall...
Yep, it's a fall planting. I see a few online places that carry them, but planting time is a ways off.

I like the smallness of them! :)

Definitely get some more pics if you can.

Built a grapevine trellis a few years back, flame seedless & crimson red seedless. This is from year 2, but im into year 3 and trained all the lateral branches but im not ready to show a pic of this yet.
IMG_20240429_150756.jpg

Was the frst year of some fruit, the flame fruit was small & spindley because the vine was putting energy into growing the lateral branchs i was told.

They should be better next season, and the bloody black birds nicked all the fruit off the crimson vine. So it's all gonna be netted next season.

Santarosa plum tree on the right... anyone else growing grapes?

Most reactions

Back