Garnet Mines

Discussion in 'General Gallery' started by Middlemarch, Aug 4, 2005.

1. Middlemarch

Middlemarch TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    Taken w/an Olympus digital last summer. I'm into recording music as a hobby, and it seems this whole digital v. film debate is just like the digital v. analog debate in recording. There are pros and cons for each, I suppose...

[​IMG]

2. STILLALIVE

STILLALIVE TPF Noob!

ghoste go to CATS in the gallery

3. JEFFB

JEFFB TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    First off, nice pic.

Second I agree wiht you completly. I dj music, and use vinyl records for it, and have heard/participated in conversations regarding the use of mp3's, final scratch and the like to mix music digitally, and it very much so reminds me of what I hear of discussions in the photography world too. But strangly my bias is completly reversed in photography. I like the instant gratification of digital. However, I do try to leave my photos relativaly untouched from the camera. There are occasions where I have cropped and edited my shots, but for the most part, I leave them as they are. Not that there is anything wrong with editing, I guess I'm just a purist, or I like to try to be.

I think it depends on the context more than enaything, if you are showing your skills/talents as a dj or a photographer, then it should be the raw unedited version. If you are trying to show what you are able to do as an artist, then you have a little more freedom to manipulate the finished product to make it exactly what you want to present. At least that is how I feel about it all.

ps: Sorry for the long post.

Again nice pic.