Gary A Hay Day

jcdeboever

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I took this in homage of @Gary A. I know it is a sculpture but it reminded me of him and what he did for a living, working for a large publication. I am so grateful to have met Gary and his guidance on photography, food, health, and animals. He has been a real friend. I hope he enjoys the snapshots as much as I did making them. Nikon FM, 35-70mm, TriX pushed 800, HC110, Rapid Fixer, Canoscan 8800F.

These sculptures are located in one of the Detroit People Mover boarding stations.

This day, I was working (at lunch) on a Hedgecoe DOF project using the marking on the lens only. I managed 3 images within the 45 minute break. Short roll, TriX, 10 frames. All ten images from project were executed successfully.

1. Waiting on the bus admiring the photogs work. Goal was print in middle belly area, while reasonably rendering the subject, creatively add perspective through DOF, and composition.
Detroit News.jpg

2. Waiting on the bus intrigued by the story with picture to describe it. Goal was to actively focus on name of newspaper, commit as a focal point of interest. The person in the sculpture was secondary but yet important. The contrast within the DOF was important to eliminate a potential flat image.
Detroit News (2).jpg

Last edited:
Both are quite interesting, but to me the second most closely matches your objectives and frankly is really good to boot. Way to go JC

Both of these are well done to me, nice work

Most reactions

Back