Gas Mask in Nature

carlos71786

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey,

Just wanted to get some feedback on this shot. It was shot on a whim a few months back when my girlfriend and I went hiking and she happened to be carrying this gas mask with her (don't ask me why, ha).

Thanks in advance.

28597493420_16e97df16b_b.jpg

Interesting shot. I feel with my line of work I should have something to say about this but I'm at a loss so I'll stick to the photography aspect.
It is a shot that if intentionally set up could give a post apocalyptic feel, but as is it is a quick snapshot.
Her pose seems a little stiff. I feel that if an couple of moments had been taken to let her become more at ease and in the moment it would have made the image feel less tense.

I won't ask why. Don't ask, don't tell, eh? A nod's as good as a wink to a blind horse. :biglaugh:

Seriously, Zombiesniper sums it up well. I'd say the shot is interesting enough to try again with forethought and staging. :)

Agree that it requires forethought and some added post production for the gas mask to fit the mood. Part of the stiffness here really comes from her looking at you from the gas mask. Not only does it give a bit of a "why do you want me wearing this for a picture" vibr, but shots like this are a lot like movies. The gas mask and atmosphere are a story and in most situations having her look so obviously at a camera takes people out of it

Sent from my SM-G925P using Tapatalk

Most reactions

New Topics

Back