Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.lewlortonphoto.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Gas station in Laos

gasstationlaosdsc0226ps9.jpg

I like it. I'm not sure why, but I like it.

Dani

It makes me so curious... what is in the those bottles?

Uh....gas. See the post title. :mrgreen:

Great photo. The image is interesting and what it actually is adds to the effect. Good stuff.

Uh....gas. See the post title. :mrgreen:

Great photo. The image is interesting and what it actually is adds to the effect. Good stuff.

Umm, why would they put gas in plastic bottles like that?

Because they don't gas pumps perhaps...;)

Oh well, it is LAOS ... things are different!

Things apparently are very different and you captured that well.
To be knowing that this is petrol in plastic bottles adds (as Icon says) to an overall well composed, nicely lit, quite colourful photo.

Sorry not to have been more forthcoming with the original posting. The vast majority of vehicles in Laos are small motorcycles that hold perhaps 2 liters of gas.

Since Laos has only 2000 miles of paved roads, there are very few gas stations and most gas is sold by the liter in little stores. (All trucks and buses are deisel and deisel fuel is usually sold in 5 gallong containers.)

I liked this picture for a bunch of reasons. The repetition of the bottles, the softly radiant color of the gasoline, the red of the flowers in the background and echoes in the gasoline at the tops of the bottles, the contrast between the interesting content and the actual colorful image.

I had to come back and look at this one again. This is really a great photo. It sends my mind into wonder.

1. That's crazy that they sell gas like that but it makes sense at the same time.

2. Why is the top row of bottles plastic while the lower row is glass? I assume they just use whatever is available but maybe there is something else in the glass bottles.

3. How long can the plastic bottles sit there with caps screwed on before the bottle starts to get bloated. Or are there vent holes poked into the caps?

See what the photo does to me? :lol: Again, great picture.

2. Why is the top row of bottles plastic while the lower row is glass? I assume they just use whatever is available but maybe there is something else in the glass bottles.

There always seems to be two colors of fuel. When I bought gasoline for motorcycle it was always in glass. Maybe it is diesel in the plastic.

Glad you like it.

This is a nice photo. I like the colors, and you chose a very nice background. Many people forget that even though the background is out of focus, it still can be distracting! I like it a lot and it's almost seems that those are recycled Coke bottles, doesn't it?

Eric.

I like it too, but I must admit that a lot has to do with the title. Take that away (but why should you) and I see a picture that is still beautiful (I agree on the colour and repetition), but less powerful.

pascal

Beautiful. You have a talent for discovering and portraying luscious color.

I like it too, but I must admit that a lot has to do with the title. Take that away (but why should you) and I see a picture that is still beautiful (I agree on the colour and repetition), but less powerful.

pascal

thats why most works of art have titles :wink:

Most reactions

Back