Gathering in

tb2

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Today it's raining and combining has stopped. The day before yesterday it was all systems go!

Tony

For more info: http://photoreflect.blogspot.com/2008/08/above-us-only-sky.html

Harvest-on-the-Lincolnshire-Fens.jpg

The clouds are fantastic. They almost look 3D, like they're leaping off the screen at me. Then the red of the combine adds a nice amount of colour to the foreground of the shot. There's a real sense of 'depth' to the photo. Love it.

(I have sat and looked at this for a full two minutes. Much longer than I look at most photos. It really grabs me)

Thanks Antarctican. I went out to shoot this image for two reasons - I saw the fantastic sky (the cloud lighting looked 3D in reality, and that quality transferred to the image), and I'd been promised a ride in that combine harvester by the farmer who owns it. So, after shooting this shot I got a few from in the cab. It was a fun afternoon, but very hot, very dusty, and lots of little black flies about.

Regards, Tony

Hey, what a blast to be able to go for a 'spin' in the combine!

[I just went and read your blog entry for this photo. So informative!]

Thanks folks. No polariser on this one Invisible. I exposed the shot for the sky, then brought up the too dark ground and combine. A slight tweak of curves thereafter.

Regards, Tony

Most reactions

Back