Gay Rights Rally

Gsurf1029

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Went to a gay rights rally on south beach. It was actually a ton of fun.
This shot is of the only guy there against gay rights. Some of the stuff he was saying was just unbelievable. I was shocked. He was almost looking for a fight.

In this particular shot he was arguing with a group of 16 year old jewish girls. Yelling at them actually. Telling them to repent or they will burn in hell.
Close mindedness kills.

GayRightsRally110.jpg

he looks like he is about to stab someone with that pole

A depressing picture, but a good one. Since we're admonished to keep our political views to ourselves, I'll say no more.

Great shot, and great photojournalism. This looks like something that would appear in the newspaper, but I think it would look better in color.

Nice shot...(a little frightening too) his face is a little dark (or is it my monitor)....it would be great (for photographic purposes) to be able to see all that rage in his eyes.

I disagree about the colour....b&w seems to work....given the shirt he is wearing--it really stands out in b&w.

this shot has an amazingly awesome mood. you did a great job. I can feel the tension. I really like this shot.

He looks to have missed out Religious Fanatics from his shirt LOL!
Mental illness comes in many forms!
Good shot by the way -you're captured the mood perfectly!

Tony

I agree, black and white really works with this photo. Color I think would detract from the emotion you get from this guy. And where he is the main thing in focus with the dramatic white and black t-shirt, he is the main focal point in this shot, color would ruin it. Color would bring other things out and move the attention away from the protestor. Great shot! I think you captured the moment perfectly!

Went to a gay rights rally on south beach. It was actually a ton of fun.
This shot is of the only guy there against gay rights. Some of the stuff he was saying was just unbelievable. I was shocked. He was almost looking for a fight. Believe it, or not, some people still go to church every weekend and say grace before dinner....

In this particular shot he was arguing with a group of 16 year old jewish girls. Yelling at them actually. Telling them to repent or they will burn in hell.
Close mindedness kills.

First of all, you're obviously advocating on bahalf of homesexuals, which I believe is against the forum rules.

It would be possible to post this shot without the lecture and capture the same emotion.

Without expressing an opinion either way-It's not close mindedness when it's against your religion.. It's called sticking to your morals and not bowing to the pressures of society.

That said, I do believe that yelling at gays is abusive and wrong, however, they're effectively doing the same by getting in the public's face and forcing people to choose. They should know that there will be trouble.
You can't honestly expect to hold a rally advocating that side of such a hot-button issue and not expect problems. It is very offensive to some.

Last edited:
First of all, you're obviously advocating on bahalf of homesexuals, which I believe is against the forum rules.

It would be possible to post this shot without the lecture and capture the same emotion.

Without expressing an opinion either way-It's not close mindedness when it's against your religion.. It's called sticking to your morals and not bowing to the pressures of society.

That said, I do believe that yelling at gays is abusive and wrong, however, they're effectively doing the same by getting in the public's face and forcing people to choose. They should know that there will be trouble.
You can't honestly expect to hold a rally advocating that side of such a hot-button issue and not expect problems. It is very offensive to some.

Blah, blah, blah....I don't think the original poster (or any other reponders) overstepped boundries. I do however think YOU have. Also, just to let you know...some will find your post highly offensive. Me included.

Now....do you have anything to say about the PHOTO??? :er:

Blah, blah, blah....I don't think the original poster (or any other reponders) overstepped boundries. I do however think YOU have. Also, just to let you know...some will find your post highly offensive. Me included.

Now....do you have anything to say about the PHOTO??? :er:

If the photo alone was posted, I might have, but I was distracted by the politics.

I think it's a great picture. Taken at just the right time, and almost as if the guy was oblivious to the photographer.

Last edited:
Lets keep the religious and political comments to ourselves please.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back