Gear on here is like highway speed

Yeah, broken gear to me is a different ballgame entirely and I classify fungus riddled lenses as broken. Maybe not broken beyond use or repair, but broken nonetheless.

I have to agree on fungus...it must be eliminated by removal.

I also avoid fungus - but how would you recommend cleaning it? A good alcohol treatment, or something more substantial? Mercuric Chloride? Pressure Cooker/Autoclave?

I have to agree on fungus...it must be eliminated by removal.

I also avoid fungus - but how would you recommend cleaning it? A good alcohol treatment, or something more substantial? Mercuric Chloride? Pressure Cooker/Autoclave?

I meant removal, as in removal from the entire household; removal as in eliminating it from ownership entirely.

I use the gear that I need to do the type of photography that is my main. I also use it shoot pictures of my cats, flowers and whatever else I see that I like. I have shot professional sports with a Canon t2i and had great results. There are people, both amateur and professional that feel they either can or can't do the job unless they are using a certain level of camera. Not always true, a lot of it still comes down the experience and skill. Having said all this, I wouldn't want to be using a t2i as a main body for shooting sports. Many camera owners spend too much time trying to keep up with everyone else, they should concentrate less on what they see everyone else using and learn to work with what they have. I also have very little time for people that buy the best and have no idea how to use it, for them it is a "I'm better because I have a better camera" It doesn't impress me, what impresses me is someone using an entry level camera and producing great images with it, because they understand it's not about the camera.

I dont remember ever reading from anyone there is much difference between the D600 and the D610, other than the hope that the D610 wont have the sensor oil issue.

Also the differences between the D600/D610 and the D750 ... well the D750 is definitely a step into the right direction, but ultimately I'm in doubt its sufficient to justify buying a D750, instead of waiting for the D760 and gettting (hopefully) the same nice finetuning of the D750 as with the D800 to D810 step.

The one real reason that really could get me to buy a D750 is the "one button to maximize focus point" option. And quite frankly they could give that to the D600 with a simple firmware update. I dont feel I should spend around 2k€ instead for that.

Or the people who want to say there's a huge difference between full frame and APS-C, but medium format is an overpriced ripoff that doesn't make much difference.
Until recently, it actually WAS such a, well, "ripoff". Medium format was immune to anything at base ISO, but when you had less light, small format was suddenly superior.

But now - they too have CMOS sensors.

Granted, its only ONE such sensor. Its from Sony, only 44x33mm, and unfortunaltey the Nikon D810 already gets pretty close to this image quality thanks to having ISO 64 and the availability of the Zeiss Otus optics.

So - yeah, Medium format always clearly has a problem. Anything made for it is so rare that prices simply explode due to small series. And now small format has reached 50 Megapixel and might soon hit 60 Megapixel (upcoming Sony A9 is rumored to have about that much). And thats very, very close to the 80 Megapixel that Medium format is offering at best, right now.

That means: medium format always has inferior technology (a disadvantage small format does NOT suffer in comparison to APS-C) and extreme prices.

Theres also the wobble mode of course. Olympus has it now, too. I wonder if other companies will get it as well.

Gear? I just can't get enough, it's ...

62540175.jpg

Haha, I love this forum..so glad I found it.

The one real reason that really could get me to buy a D750 is the "one button to maximize focus point" option. And quite frankly they could give that to the D600 with a simple firmware update. I dont feel I should spend around 2k€ instead for that.

Since when has Nikon ever added features in a firmware update? All I've ever seen them do is just fix problems. There are a ton of features that they hoard for the newer or higher end cameras that could simply be added by firmware.

Solarflare said:

Not sure what you mean exactly...but could you program the Func. button to 1) access the Recent Items Menu, and put what you want on that list by having recently accessed it the normal way or 2)Program the Func. button to do what it is you want done?

I don't care much for people with "lesser" gear heck I shoot with my 3 y/o t3i. When I see someone who owns a full frame or anything better my insides get filled with a good amount of jelly.

I'll admit, the biggest reason I never got into canon is because I refuse to own anything that has the word "Rebel" on it.

Seems kinda redneck to me.

I'll admit, the biggest reason I never got into canon is because I refuse to own anything that has the word "Rebel" on it.

Seems kinda redneck to me.

Ha, I never really understood Canon's naming system. It's too confusing.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back