GED

c'mon, are you really that lazy/impatient?

I'm sorry, but you would be an idiot to spend money on a GED, when you can finish high school for free. You're just being impulsive.

I don't pay taxes for people like you to drop out.

What do yall think about a GED? will it hinder my possible career as a photographer? i just really dont have the time to do high school, and really want to get on with my life. Can i Get into Community Colleges With a GED? any help appreciated.

btw, my long term plan is a year of community college, then transfe into a real college and major in arts/photography. or photojournalism.

If you do not have time for high school how are you going to have time for anything else? You will be changing your mind every year. Your life is just starting ! FINISH high school then you will be mature enough to make better decisions.

Steve

In our area (rural, po-dunk backwater Indiana) a GED is not considered by most employers as the equivalent of a diploma. They will not hire you. Many consider a holder of a GED to be a quitter as they didn't finish H.S. One of our kids has ADHD. Not the fake "I don't want to do anything so feel sorry for me" kind, but the off the charts hyper legit kind. He was passed over so many times in school he would have been sitting in a classroom when he was 21. (our school system would not recognize he had a problem until he was in H.S.) He quit. He is now over 30 with a GED and on meds he can't get anything but fast food or laborers job in construction and the trade unions won't consider him for hire. He has almost outgrown the disorder, has an I.Q. of 115 and the biggest heart of anyone I know and can't land a decent job. Get your grades up, do it right and you will be much happier and more productive in the long run. Think as a small business owner. You quit school, didn't have the drive to keep your grades up and you want me to hire and train you? It's best to finish what you started and not make quitting the start of a bad habit.

Most reactions

Back