Gee...That's a lot of lens

Does it include a carrying case?

I like mobility.

LWW

Yes, it does! And I think the case has wheels. Check the link I attached. I think the UV filter is extra, though.

Oh, I just noticed you're a Nikon shooter -- you're outta luck ... this is Canon EOS mount ...

As is this:

photo_200-500.jpg
Is that a grenade launcher?

Does it include a carrying case?

I like mobility.

LWW
For the price of that thing, there should at least be a nice studio apartment inside of it:cokespit::shock:

For the price of that thing, there should at least be a nice studio apartment inside of it:cokespit::shock:

Yeah, and at that price a Nikon shooter can also afford to get himself a new Canon body to go with it ...

ahh another "mine is bigger" fight :D

anyway if you want a real telephoto lens go ask NASA if they can make you another Hubble telescope :mrgreen:

anyway if you want a real telephoto lens go ask NASA if they can make you another Hubble telescope :mrgreen:
thats great:lmao::lmao::lmao:

I can see hear it now ... when Hubble was first launched and they had mirror problems .... the discussion in the NASA control room ...

"It front-focusses -- should have gotten a Canon "L" rather than that 3rd party ..."

What I think is interesting is that B&H no longer has it on their website -- suggesting that they sold it. The asking price was $99,000. (Canon 1200mm f5.6 L USM)
Don't think B&H ever had this lens, it was a custom build, not sure how many where build but recall it only being a few, Canon has 2 that they loan or show off and Sport Illustrated also has one or two

yeah these comparing sizes games are always entertaining :D jk

Don't think B&H ever had this lens, it was a custom build, not sure how many where build but recall it only being a few, Canon has 2 that they loan or show off and Sport Illustrated also has one or two

No, they did have one which is where I first saw this and they were all excited to be offering it (which is why they had this little page done up and how they took the pix from their shop). They listed it on their regular page for sale. It's not there any more.

"the ‘official word’ is there are "more than twelve, less than twenty" of them in existence. With a price tag equivalent to a pair of his-and-her sports coupes, they were produced at the rate of about 2-per-year and a delivery time of about 18 months. National Geographic magazine, Sports Illustrated, Canon Professional Services, and a few well-heeled enthusiasts are counted among the fortunate few who own these unique optics."

Last edited:
I'm looking into longer alredy but, First I need the light box attachment for the canon, that's a little hard to find where I am sitting.

The title actually comes from something a woman said to me as she walked by wile I was shooting with the Canon mount one yesterday

Send me some info on the light box attachment. I have allmost everything possible for EF and F1 in the collection.

Most reactions

Back