geez, what's next

More attempts by "The Man"......... If I was required to have all that in my vehicle, the thing better drive itself as well so I can nap on my way from work.

Why don't they just have limiters in them?

A sensor on the road that sends a signal to the car then the car adjusts it's speed limit.

Oh wait...I know, because they still want to rape every citizen for speeding fines.

Hey, I'd put one in a car my dumb kid was driving. :mrgreen: I'd enjoy it. But I'm evil like that.

i love technological advancement...for the simple reason that, for every advancement we have, there is a 16 year old kid sitting at his desk listening to meshuggah or slipknot just waiting to crack the code and open it up to all people.

god bless the world and all the youngins.

In the UK this is a very contentious issue with the police forces and local authorities focusing on making money rather than safety!:confused:

If they can do all this then why can't they use the system to automatically limit the cars speed when entering a different zone?

I like the breathaliser idea! Too many older drivers having 4-5 pints & thinking nothing of it! After all the cops are stopping all the younger drivers now! (What few traffic cops we have left after cuts due to increases in cameras!:lol: )

bace said:
Why don't they just have limiters in them?

A sensor on the road that sends a signal to the car then the car adjusts it's speed limit.

Damn I spent ages typing a careful response & in that time there have been loads of replies!:lol:

bace said:
Oh wait...I know, because they still want to rape every citizen for speeding fines.

Spot on!:thumbup:

PlasticSpanner said:
I like the breathaliser idea! Too many older drivers having 4-5 pints & thinking nothing of it!

They install these in any car already here in the states for repeat DUI offenders. A friend of mine has a neighbor with this installed in all their vehicles. They've come over before and asked if he could breath into the tube for them cuz they just had to go somewhere.

PlasticSpanner said:
In the UK this is a very contentious issue with the police forces and local authorities focusing on making money rather than safety!:confused:

If they can do all this then why can't they use the system to automatically limit the cars speed when entering a different zone?

I like the breathaliser idea! Too many older drivers having 4-5 pints & thinking nothing of it! After all the cops are stopping all the younger drivers now! (What few traffic cops we have left after cuts due to increases in cameras!:lol: )

I can understand that some people ignore me. It happens more often than not.

...but dude, you just repeated exactly what I said.

PAY ATTENTION.

Have a nice day...:lmao:

Haahaha...disregard above post spanner.

malachite said:
They install these in any car already here in the states for repeat DUI offenders. A friend of mine has a neighbor with this installed in all their vehicles. They've come over before and asked if he could breath into the tube for them cuz they just had to go somewhere.

Things are sure differant from state to state, I've never heard of that here...

It's probably not much of a problem in New York. People take cabs and public transportation.

Out in the burbs it's more rampant cause you can't go anywhere without driving.

There's a huge problem here in Canada too. Same thing was implemented.

Really though, what kinda friend asks another friedn to blow into their breathalizer?

I mean...that's some fugged up shiz.

I have friends that drink and drive all the time. Scary as hell.

I've been known to do it in the past so I can't completely judge other people, but I was young and stupid, and since then I've just moved to the city and quit driving. Can't be around cars when I'm drinking, not because I'm a bad driver, but because I make bad decisions when i'm drunk, and driving has been known to be one of them.

Most reactions

Back