Gem House

Discussion in 'The Black & White Gallery' started by invisible, Aug 16, 2010.

1. invisible

invisible Been spending a lot of time on here!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    An abandoned house near Arborg, a couple hours north of Winnipeg (Canada). My buddy dubbed it "Gem House" because -- as an abandonment -- it offers all sorts of photo opportunities inside an outside.

[​IMG]

2. ranmyaku

ranmyaku TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
  3. Stillwater

Stillwater TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    I like it! Although I do agree with ranmyaku that with the sharpness and detail of everything, the clouds aren't quite 'moving' enough. Also, did you use lightroom? If so you might try brightening the blue of the sky (in the split tone of the grayscale) just a bit to keep the sky from being so muddy. I definitely want to see more photos from this place! Fantastic!

4. invisible

invisible Been spending a lot of time on here!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Thanks for the feedback, ranmyaku. I could've used a ND filter to catch some movement on the clouds; however, I would've also ended up with undesired movement on the tall grass in the foreground. In my mind, the grass plays a key role and I needed it sharp and still :)

Thanks, Stillwater. I use Photoshop Elements 5 and the NIK Software suite. I know what you mean about the sky being muddy, and I'll keep it mind in case I decide to re-process this one.