General Photography Gallery...

anthony02

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
... there's so many people posting there, the threads go down pretty fast. So what if there were sub-forums in the General area... like Landscape photography... Macro... People... and maybe Black and White if there's enough of those. I dunno just a suggestion!

Hi Anthony - we've been kicking around that very idea for a bit here. Stay tuned! :D

That would be great! Posts do move down the page pretty quick and some posts dont get many replies. At least I hope that's why and that its not my photos are so bad that noone comments. ;)

Pamela

Wouldnt that be too many forums to visit all everyday? I wuld have a ton of windows/tabs open to view all of them whenev I have enough just for the posts :/

LeadSister said:
That would be great! Posts do move down the page pretty quick and some posts dont get many replies. At least I hope that's why and that its not my photos are so bad that noone comments. ;)

Pamela

I agree .... either that or I AM getting worse ;)

No no no... it's not your photos. It's just that the posts move too damn quickly, and people are unwilling to scroll down to the bottom of the page and reply to a post down there. It is a shame really coz there are some amazing photos out there.
But there has been lots and lots of talk about splitting the forums up - but there are just so many different ways of doing it that I think that's causing some problems as well.

Ah well... we'll just have to wait and see.....

I think it would be too much work, and when on other forums, I haven't enjoyed sub forums. It breaks up the community of a forum, regular posters stay in one subforum that they like the most etc. It's never worked on forums i've been on.

also it would be alot of work for mods moving all the pictures that have been psoted in the wrong subforums.

anthony02 said:
... there's so many people posting there, the threads go down pretty fast.
Welcome to Snaphots;where images hardly move! :mrgreen:

Based on numerous requests we have added a Landscape & Nature forum. This should significantly reduce the number of posts in the general gallery. If there is still an overwhelming amount of photos there we will consider adding another forum. Hopefully this will maintain the sense of community while allowing more photos to be viewed.

Landscape & Nature

The extra, new gallery is excellent! Thanks Guys :thumbup: But................

We have a "Portraits and Weddings Gallery" and now a "Landscapes and Nature Gallery", shouldn't the General Gallery be re-named to something like "Architecture and Man Made Gallery"? I notice many people are still posting everything in the general gallery that really belongs in one of the others?

Seems like some people view the General Gallery as the main, No1 gallery still?

Thanks for the suggestion, and trust me there has been a lot of discussion about how to rearrange the galleries. We decided to start adding more specific galleries slowly because we don't want to have so many options with only a few posts per topic. Our intent was to slow the posts in the general gallery but there isn't really one name that suits all that can be posted there. In the future, as TPF continues to grow you'll likely find specific sections for all kinds of photography, but for now we're just going to watch how this one does. We do try to move posts to the appropriate section and expect that there will be a learning curve as people adjust to the new set up.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back