general Question on equiptment

Joe&Caroline

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I have all The stuff you see below
If you were starting from scratch and had this stuff what would be your next big purchase .
I am coming across some "free" money and want to put it into my new addiction . please help!!
fill my void lol

If you had those items then you wouldn't be starting from scratch.
Anyhow, look at your needs, not our wants.

If you had those items then you wouldn't be starting from scratch.
Anyhow, look at your needs, not our wants.

i was just trying to get some ideas not get hit over the head sorry dude you are always a bit side ways with people with your replies..

I was not attacking, just stating the obvious.

I have all The stuff you see below
If you were starting from scratch and had this stuff what would be your next big purchase .
I am coming across some "free" money and want to put it into my new addiction . please help!!
fill my void lol
It depends a lot on what kind of photography you are interested in. That would guide you on what other lenses you might consider. You should also consider a good tripod and head.

Tripod and a good stable and light one.

Tripod would be a good investment.

Using a crop sensor, you don't have much in the ways of a wide angle. Not necessary for mainly people shots, but still something to look into.
Same goes for telephoto.

If you like macro, then look into the 100mm canon macro lens

If you're interested in macro, I can recommend the Canon 100mm F2.8 Macro. If you have the extra money a MR-14 EX Ring Flash[FONT=&quot] is quite useful.[/FONT] [FONT=&quot][/FONT]

If you like macro, the 100mm f/2.8 would be a really good choice. I have one and love it. It can also be used as a portrait lens since you said you like shooting people also. You need a good tripod and maybe some off camera flash units. Just my thoughts.

If I had "free money" coming to me, I would get a EF 16-35mm f/2.8L II USM, EF 24-70mm f/2.8L USM, a EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS USM, a EF 100mm f/2.8 USM Macro, EF 50mm f/1.2L USM, EF 85mm f/1.2L II USM, EF 135mm f/2.0L USM, PocketWizard remote radio triggers, light stands and other strobist gear.

If you like shooting people look into a 50mm, I also recommened looking into the macro lens tomhooper recommended, I know someone that has it and her work is absouletly stunning

Most reactions

New Topics

Back