Gentle Construction

woodsac

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.around395.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
These just didn't have that rough, gritty construction feel to them? It was almost hard to convert them to b/w, which was my intention, because there was a nice colorful sunset behind them.

46727078-L.jpg

46723984-L.jpg

46723982-L.jpg

I personally like the color a lot more. They're all good though.

The colour photo is all different in "atmosphere" than the black and white. I do see why you had a hard time converting them, since the sunset was very beautiful, indeed.
However, the colour-less photos provide more in the way of this excavator, it is more in the focus, the photo is much more about the machine than the beautiful sky. Under that aspect, the conversion was well thought of and done.

I cannot decide on which one I like best of the three black and white ones.
In the first, I like the centred light, surrounded by this excavator, but it bothers me that the tip of the arm (?) is cropped off.
Then comes the third because I like this speck of whispy cloud (is this English?) --- but with that one I wonder if the photo really requires that amount of sky above the cloud? Hmmmmm.... :scratch: - thought-provoking photos. That is GOOD :D

Thanks everyone. I agree about the tip in #1. I took that one blind. There was a fence there, so I got as set-up as I could, then I just placed the camera up against the fence, pointed - and shot :confused:

I've back for a re-shoot, but it hasn't been in the same spot :grumpy:

woodsac said:
...but it hasn't been in the same spot :grumpy:

BUMMER! :(
Ah well.

I know only too well about this "shooting blind"... I have to do that so often, though I am quite grateful to the moveable display my little compact digital offers me! Helps a lot (but when I get glare on the display, I pretty much photograph "blindly", too ;))

I like the second one in B&W and color. I was wondering what a little flash fill from the right side would look like in the color one. You could actually use it for an ad. -"John Deere...working day and night for you" :)

Thanks everyone. You know I tried 3 shots with fill flash, and it just kind of gave me a glare on the yellow metal. All I have flash wise though is the on camera.

First black and white, because of the neat cloud formation between the main silhouette, as well as the colour. Very neat subject!

To take color like that, and post it in B&W takes juevos. I like 'em both, for completely different reasons. But to be honest, heavy machienery is one of my favorite subjects :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back