Georgia Hailstorm

chinpokojed

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.gallerystreet.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Luckily the tornados missed us, but we got smacked with a big hailstorm this afternoon. C&C welcome although this was more of a holy crap snapshot then anything else ;)

Shot with a 1D-Mk2 & Canon 50mm f1.4

2336723190_a9b72544fe_o.jpg

1/400
f/9
iso 125
-1/3 ev

Holy carp!!! That's a lot of hail. Big too. Glad the tornadoes missed you.

With all those ice-cubes, your gonna need a lot of Jack'n'Coke!!!! On a serious note, glad your ok that the weather hasnt effected you. Those storms can be pretty dangerous.

Thanks everybody - we're all safe and sound. Plenty of bottled water, candles, etc in case we get hit again, but damn those storms are spooky.

Didn't everyone tell me to move to Atlanta because the weather was so nice???

One more pic showing the storm in action.. Taken safely from inside the house of course ;)
2336664045_d8ef60fb4f_o.jpg

1/320
f4
iso 125
ev 2/3

Yep we got that last July here in Michigan. Just my luck, my freshly painted '97 Firebird was parked outside in it and had taken the insurance off it. Argrggrgrghhhh! It cut dime sized holes in the fresh paint and cracked some of my glass. Oh yeah you know that was a rough time for me.

Plus, my fiancees mom's Explorer that I borrowed as a DD with only 150,000 on the clock was totalled out by the insurance company.

My neighbors saturn looked like swiss cheese after that hailstorm. I'll post pics when I can find them.

In action
101_1817.jpg

My poor bird and Explorer... RIP explorer. However the bird will live on $4000 later :(

100_1825.jpg

101_1822.jpg

Thats my hand ^ I am 6" tall so yeah I have pretty big hands.

101_1821.jpg

Most reactions

Back