The_Traveler

Completely Counter-dependent
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.lewlortonphoto.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
The ground is too warm for snow to accumulate.
From this area south for a good ways, there are no towns and few roads. The few roads are marked as 4 wheel drive only.

p2042948737-5.jpg

This is the kind of vehicles that are used for inland tours -
We rode in a Mercedes 4 wd version that had 240 plugin current, wifi hotspot, disk backup and was way, way off the ground.
upload_2016-4-21_17-15-4.png

'Pricey' doesn't do it justice.
It is expensive compared to US, not so compared to the other Scandinavian countries.
Iceland has to import everything but fish so that explains some of it.

Nice image. Iceland is on my bucket list as I haven't been there in a very, very long time. Need to get back and see how things are.

That vehicle looks like a very good "offroader". I wonder if they sell on this side of the pond? I'll bet you could convert it for sleeping.

WesternGuy

That vehicle looks like a very good "offroader". I wonder if they sell on this side of the pond? I'll bet you could convert it for sleeping.

Most of the tires we saw were wide and not too deeply cleated with the intent of riding on snow.
Most tires there have studs.
Icelandic snow seemed quite wet to me, compacted quickly and heavily.

I had a friend that went to Norway to work for a video game company called Funcom, and before he left he was saying how highly they paid there, he figured he could save enough to retire in 8 years, then he wrote to me saying it would be more like 80 years and he could barely make it week to week. His wife had started looking for a job as well so they could just survive.

$38.20 an hour for a guided tour...I charge far more than that for most anything I do photographically. Sounds like a deal to me.

$38.20 an hour for a guided tour...I charge far more than that for most anything I do photographically. Sounds like a deal to me.
Lawyers charge 500.00 an hour, so it sounds dirt cheap to me...I guess it depends what you compare it to.

Of course, the kid down the street charges 10.00 for an hour and a half worth of mowing, so to him, it's really expensive.

Most reactions

Back