• No, I know for sure I won't be able to make it

Votes: 12 23.1%
  • Yes, I am working towards going and hope to get there

Votes: 19 36.5%
  • Well, hm, sounds interesting enough but I still don't know

Votes: 11 21.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Yes, I think I can! :D I'll do my best for everyone! Free accomodation in families, cheap accomodation on the camp site, also cheap accomodation in some sort of hostel/hotel, accomodation in holiday homes that might want to be shared by many (families?), decent accomodation in a real hotel ... anything goes, even though this is the countryside.

Where exactly will the meeting be? I'm guessing Berlin, hm?

Yes, I think I can! :D I'll do my best for everyone! Free accomodation in families, cheap accomodation on the camp site, also cheap accomodation in some sort of hostel/hotel, accomodation in holiday homes that might want to be shared by many (families?), decent accomodation in a real hotel ... anything goes, even though this is the countryside.

Corinna you deserve a gold star for this. I can't believe people actually ask you to look for accomodation for them. :er:

The meeting (starting point for excursions) will be in my very village. Which is about a 4 - 5 hour drive away from Berlin.

First ideas on where to go and what to do and where to stay etc. can be accessed through clicking on the first line of my signature. That is the link to my initial thread.

I can't believe people actually ask you to look for accomodation for them. :er:
The reason people mention it is because she presented it as a possibility in her original thread. (which you obviously didn't read)

Hostels aren't free, but are much less expensive than hotels, B&Bs, and probably less than camping too.

Personally, I would rather stay in someone's house, if it is an option, and I would of course be willing to return the favor at some future date if that couple (or Corinna & company) wanted to visit Chicago. I know, how very rustic of me. :er:

The reason people mention it is because she presented it as a possibility in her original thread. (which you obviously didn't read)

Touchez. :angel:

Hostels aren't free, but are much less expensive than hotels, B&Bs, and probably less than camping too.

Personally, I would rather stay in someone's house, if it is an option, and I would of course be willing to return the favor at some future date if that couple (or Corinna & company) wanted to visit Chicago. I know, how very rustic of me. :er:

Rustic? How very nice of you!

I guess I'm gonna go read the initial thread because Corinna.. when you say Berlin is about 4-5hrs from your village - that could be just about anywhere between Bremen and Nuernberg. :sexywink:

I was actually being a smart ass reffering to the movie hostel,although I would like to take a trip over(especially if I get to go to amsterdam)!!!!:mrgreen: :mrgreen: I would definantly take some interesting photos

Think more "Bremen" then ... I am located EXACTLY halfway between Bremen and Hamburg.

Think more "Bremen" then ... I am located EXACTLY halfway between Bremen and Hamburg.

Yay, so I was pretty close. :lmao:
Gruesse in den schoenen Norden!

I am hoping to be there... this time it really doesn't depend on money cuz I have a great job and will have scholarship next year (very very veeery possible!). the only thing goes with university exams which are usually in june... dunno when exactly... but I hope I may pass them earlier! why not?!

Thank you, sweetie.
I intend to be there. So you'd better be there too, Aleksandra, or I'll come a hunting you ;)
I will drive over because I hate flying. Any Brits wanting a lift can contact me. Share the petrol - and you push the car if it breaks down!

I'm still planning on being there - might be buying a house which could change a few things, but it's not that expensive from the UK - I would be driving I think if the family were coming, and taking the tent.

Speedferries are your friends for cross channel speediness and cheapness, or Norfolk Line for a slower trip but around the same price.

if I can make it, there is the slight possibility that I would drive from the UK as well ... or that I would need a lift, depending on my location and the circumstances in 2008 ;)

Hmm, maybe my command of the German language is too poor to vote.. or participate ;)

Excuses, excuses...

If I may say so - you'll not only have LaFoto but probably more locals (as it seems VERY likely I'll be involved in this venture, too! :D) with a reasonable command of English around!

Mastering the language is absolutely no prerequisite for travelling to this country! Ve doo shpeak English, you kno! :lmao:

I'm hoping to go but I have three issues.

Parental permission.
Money.
School.

I really really really want to come. :)

I may also need to find a "travel buddy" on here if the family doesn't come.

*nods* Ditto. It sounds so incredibly exciting, but I know for a fact that I'll have school (and it's the first year of high school :neutral:) then. If that wasn't a problem, money and parental permission also would be.

Sigh sigh. I should get my hopes up, then.

Most reactions

Back