Gettin' dirty...

Rabieshund

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I'm not really sure were to post this thread but I think this may do.

I'm gonna shoot a band (again) soon and this time I want the hardcore band to look hardcore. Exactly how I will take the photos doesn't matter. What matters is how I'm going to get them all dirty and sweaty. :)
Of course I'm talking about fake sweat and I think I have an idea how to make it using some kind of oil, water and glycerol (I have a recipe on another forum), but what should I use to make them look really dirty? It has to look pretty natural. What should I use and how? Preferably would be something that comes off in the laundry as they wanted white shirts or something.

I'm open for ideas!

I get dirty whenever I do serious photography on my own ... don't know why ...

oh, as for them ... if you are mean, olive oil and charcoal will do ;) but they will hate you for it!
;)

Ok thanks for the tip, I'll try it!

If they're actually a 'hardcore' band, like Hatebreed, Chimaira, or similar, these are the bands I listen to and have noticed looking like they are about to fight or were just in one always helps as well. These pictures are usually taken in bad neighborhoods or places that 'look' grimey.

Actually they are more like screamo/chaos or whatever you should call it. Nothing like Hatebreed, hehe! :) I have the perfect location already: an old abandoned firestation! It's an awesome place and I got permission to shoot there. :)

i realised, it does not have to be olive oil since that is quite expensive .. any oil from plants will do :)

Yeah something cheaper is good! :D And oh, how easily does charcoal come off in the laundry? If I smudge it all over a white shirt, will it come off easily or...? I don't want to ruin their clothes. ;P

Yeah something cheaper is good! :D And oh, how easily does charcoal come off in the laundry? If I smudge it all over a white shirt, will it come off easily or...? I don't want to ruin their clothes. ;P

uhm, not sure about the clothing .. all i know is that the combination is non-toxic ;)

Get them to dedicate some laundry to the cause. Roll in the grass or play some football on a rainy day. Then shoot.

If you really want them to be dirty I would not worry about washign the clothes, tell them to wear stuff they probably will never wear again that way you wont have to worry about weather or not the dirt will comeoff. To make it authentic bring out all the materials you plan on using to get them messed up with and let them go at each other cover your gear for this part but thats the best way to get a realistic look trying to "paint" on dirt is not going to get you good results unless your a makeup artist.

Most reactions

Back