Getting a photography book published

Who is Alfred Cheney Johnston?

• Have you read anything on ACJ?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Have you seen his work on alfredcheneyjohnston.com?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Are you aware of the "secret nudes"?

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ritaroad

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I've recently had a book published on famous Ziegfeld Follies photographer Alfred Cheney Johnston. To say it was a challenging experience is an understatement but the finished book goes a long way in soothing my ruffled creative feathers. Has anyone else gone through the publishing experience? Are there any members who are seeking to get published and have questions about the process?

Probably the most significant and personally rewarding photo assignments have been book assignments. They are process oriented and leave you (if you're lucky with a s body of work, I just wish I was moved by a subject matter and carried it obsessively and produced a book I think that would be the best, hard to do, as photography books are very expensive to produce.

Hi, my name is Rick. I am a photographer here in NYC and am working on a photo book, although I may have a connection on getting it published I would appreciate any information you can give me on this process. I have found somewhat confusing the how and where to start.
Thanks
Rick

You realise this thread was started in 2007?

Five star thread. Would read again. :thumbup:

Most reactions

Back