Getting a polaroid?

Discussion in 'Beyond the Basics' started by Ghoste, Jan 8, 2006.

1. Ghoste

Ghoste TPF Noob!

I've seen alot of fun artsy things with polaroid cameras, just to mess around with. If I got some cheap polaroid camera what am I looking for? Thanks guys, just a random question :p

2. df3photo

df3photo TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    boy,... Id say not the normal ones... the ones that spit out the pic and thats that.(like the 600 that i have...).. get one that has the poloroid that you pull apart... those you can do the poloroid transphers from and all that fun jazz... somone will probably know something for you. Ive used like a Mamiya RB67 with poloroid backs or 4x5 view cameras with poloroid film carriers which work well....but that might be in a different price range...

3. markc

markc TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
  4. terri

terri Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Ghoste: Polaroid is phasing out its Time Zero film, so don't bother with an SX-70 folding camera.

For the emulsion lifts and image transfers, you'll want a camera that accepts 669 film. Check the Polaroid page to see which models will take it. Then come see us in the alternative forum for any questions you might have on getting started with these processes. I have some minor disagreements with Polaroid over those published processes. ;)