Getting a webpage up and running....

You need 2 things:
1.) a Domain Name (I use domain bank.com. It is no more than $50 a year and cheaper depending how long you want the name) - that gives you the website URL / Address. Like www.yourphotocompanyname.com. If it is taken then you need another name.

2.) a Hosting Company. You technically could have your own hosting PC but it needs to be online and on all the time and be able to handle a ton of hits and be secure. This pretty much requires a computer / IT degree and isnt needed when companies handle everything for you. That is about $100 a year. (I use readyhosting.com). The hosting is needed to have storage where your website can be uploaded to and viewed to the public.

3.) you need to tell your hosting and domain companies where they should point to (through a DNS i believe from the hosting company that you tell the domain company)

4.) within a day or so, your domain name should get linked to the hosing site and you should be on your way.

5.) have a simple HTML website made (by yourself or a company - prices vary depending on content and can get pretty expensive if you pay someone. Best to buy a HTML book and learn it yourself. Sample code and tutorials are also online, just google search it and you can learn from websites)

6.) use FTP to "upload" the site to your hosing provider.
Done by going to ftp.yourphotocompanyname.com and log in with a user name and password.

7.) Go to your site and see the updates and how it looks!

$150 a year isn't bad. When I wasn't too involved with starting my company, I made that in no time and all the rest of my profits were great for extra spending money.

I use godaddy for my domain name.
I make my own webpages (and my mother thought i was wasting my time reading all those tutorials all those years).
My pages are hosted on a friends server for free.

I got tons and tons of pages bookmarked with all kinds of very usefull tutorials and information.

send me a message if you'd like a list of them.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back