Getting Closer

...I was thinking of tracking down some Cape May Commercial Fishing fleets the spring. That's a stones throw and ferry ride from Milton

Hey, Leonore. I'll look around. I think I may still have some stainless 6x9 hangers around

They're hangers that hold a single sheet of film in a daylight tank. I never liked the daylight tanks for sheet film. To me, they were just a nuisance. Then I played with open tank delvelopment. I lined up open tanks, and delveloped in the dark. But in the end I finally settled on tray delvelopment. I would only develop 1 to 6 sheets at a session, and tray was just easier.
If I can find the hangers, you'd be welcome to them. I'm not sure what kind of tank you have but maybe they could be modifed to work or you could use them open tanked.
I know I had them for 6x9, 3 1/4 x 4 1/4 and 4x5. I'm not sure what's still here. Let me know if you're even interested and I'll box them up for you.

Leonore, I found a Nikor stainless steel developing tank. Took a while to figure it out, but it is adjustable. It is filthy, I will run it through the dishwasher so I can check it out a little better.

Nikkor 4X5 Tank.jpg

The wide band near the center removes to load film. The canter spirals are welded in place, the upper plate with spiral guides is movable. There are 12 film slots, but I think it would be best to load only 6 films. I think I will order some 4X5 to make some internegs.

Here is a description on YouTube

Phil

Last edited:
Ooh, I'll keep that in mind, thanks! I just bought a Yankee hanging tank that is supposedly adjustable, but if it doesn't work well or if I don't like it, I'll definitely look for one of those. Thank you!

They're hangers that hold a single sheet of film in a daylight tank. I never liked the daylight tanks for sheet film. To me, they were just a nuisance. Then I played with open tank delvelopment. I lined up open tanks, and delveloped in the dark. But in the end I finally settled on tray delvelopment. I would only develop 1 to 6 sheets at a session, and tray was just easier.
If I can find the hangers, you'd be welcome to them. I'm not sure what kind of tank you have but maybe they could be modifed to work or you could use them open tanked.
I know I had them for 6x9, 3 1/4 x 4 1/4 and 4x5. I'm not sure what's still here. Let me know if you're even interested and I'll box them up for you.

I don't know why but I totally missed this post. Like I just said, I found a Yankee daylight tank and I'll try that, but if it doesn't work well, I'll think about the hangers. I did think I might end up tray developing, though, but I'd rather see if I could manage developing in a tank. Even if it's a bit fussy, it might still be less fussy than turning the bathroom into a darkroom.

Thank you!

I have tried the Yankee tank. Mine leaked like a sieve. I have tried tray developing. Worked very well but must be conducted in complete darkness. Kind of a pain. Just got a Nikkor tank in the post the other day and am dying to try it out. I have been on the lookout for a few years and just never had enough waste money to throw at it.

Leonore, I found a Nikor stainless steel developing tank. Took a while to figure it out, but it is adjustable. It is filthy, I will run it through the dishwasher so I can check it out a little better.

View attachment 93460
The wide band near the center removes to load film. The canter spirals are welded in place, the upper plate with spiral guides is movable. There are 12 film slots, but I think it would be best to load only 6 films. I think I will order some 4X5 to make some internegs.

Here is a description on YouTube

Phil

Those are nice but good luck finding one for under $200

And ?? How it is going ? For tray development get some PQ developer instead of d76.

Most reactions

Back