Getting feet wet in HDR...

Discussion in 'Photography Beginners' Forum' started by padrepaul77, Oct 23, 2009.

1. padrepaul77

padrepaul77 TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    Never done it before, but after drooling over some of the images on here, want to give it a shot.

I downloaded Photomatix trial, and will probably buy it eventually, and the way I understand it is you basically shoot 3 images at three different exposures, drop them into the program, tweek the tone mapping and you should have something nice?

I shoot an Olympus E620, and I love the thing, but the auto bracketing will only let me go up to 1 on the exposure increments. This shouldn't be a problem though, right? Can't I just go into the manual mode, and adjust the shutter speed and fire off an underexposed, properly exposed, and over-exposed shot at 2 increments on the light meter? Hopefully that would do the trick.

Any thoughts would be appreciated...thanks!
    Paul

2. joemc

joemc TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    You do have the concept... But... I shoot 7-9 frames for my HDR because I do not want them to look "overbaked" Photomatix is a good program.... just use it with a light hand and watch the halo's.

Cheers, joe