Getting film grain onto digital video/photos?

Stevelucas

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I'm looking to get a classy film grain look onto my digital content, (mostly video)

There's a few techniques. Software like www.RedGiant.com or actual real film plates like www.IndieScans.com

What is your favorite way to get film grain texture (film looks) onto digital?

Last edited:
Why do I smell Spam?

I use alien skin exposure if I want to add film grain. It's pretty realistic.

Last edited:
why would three separate companies be spam? If you want me to get rid of the links I will. I was just showing you what I'm looking at and wondering if anyone has suggestions on them or other options.

why would three separate companies be spam? If you want me to get rid of the links I will. I was just showing what I'm looking at and wondering if anyone has suggestions on them or other options.

You have to understand, there are a lot of people with 1 post that just has links to products and are spam. It happens A LOT. Judging by your post above, you seem legit, so welcome aboard.

my favorite way on the fast is lightroom presets, or photohop

why would three separate companies be spam? If you want me to get rid of the links I will. I was just showing you what I'm looking at and wondering if anyone has suggestions on them or other options.

An Introduction would be nice.

Sometimes you can't afford film which is why I'm into indiescans. cos it's real film scans that are overlaid onto digital to create a very really film look. It's the technique that david fincher and darren aronofsky use when they shoot digital. (social network and black swan)

I got nothing but Im interested to see what people say.

My favorite way to get film grain is to shoot film

My favorite way to get film grain is to shoot film
For still photos, yes - I agree 100%. For video...? Not really sure.

Shooting movies on film sounds very expensive for an amateur. But, I've never done it, so what do I know...?

LOL just shoot them on super 8!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back