Getting Inspired...

Discussion in 'Beyond the Basics' started by simsi123, Jul 30, 2008.

1. simsi123

simsi123 TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    Recently bought a MAC and couldn't wait to edit some stuff on my new high spec machine, then I came to realize that I really don't have a hole lot to edit. Am I the only one that has trouble some times getting inspired?

I've decided I'm going to take my camera with me more during my day to day life ie: to work etc. I just feel I'm coming up with nothing lately.

I just feel like I'm the only person thats drawing blank sometimes and I hate not being able to see things the way I know I can ...

Thoughts anyone?

2. Alex_B

Alex_B No longer a newbie, moving up!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    drawing blank sometimes is natural.... but you can reduce that if you work on it :)

look at lots of other people images, and you will find out what aspects of them you like, and which you do not like... this helps figuring out what you want to produce.

also, set yourself challenges for a day. or go to a place with the mission to create a photographic portfolio from the things you see there.

3. Alpha

Alpha Troll Extraordinaire

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Other people's images.

4. Alex_B

Alex_B No longer a newbie, moving up!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    thanks, that is what I meant :) ... too much of that Balvenie I suppose ;)

5. simsi123

simsi123 TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    thanks very much guys :) I'll try my best... I mean half the time I see something that would work I dont have my camera with me. So I think I'm going to take my camera more places and just take my time with things...

CHEERS!

6. passerby

passerby TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Trains and train stations, busses and the bus stops, ferries and wharfs, taxis and taxi ranks, planes and the airports, push bikes and motor bikes.

At the park there are flowers, trees, people having a break, and homeless people of course.

In the shopping centres you will see so many things.

The bush lands and the rivers.

Macros.

7. Peanuts

Peanuts TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    I personally go everywhere without my camera. That way when I pick up my camera I am just needing to shoot I have ideas of what I am wanting to shoot and how I want it to look. I found it so frustrating dragging my camera around, uploading all the pictures and not finding a single one that really jumped out at me. So yes... my word of recommendation is take a week long break or something and pick it up again.

8. Bifurcator

Bifurcator TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    I think so too. Taking the cam with all the time makes it a ball&chain instead of the thing you reach for when you're feeling creative.

What makes us feel creative is different for everyone I guess. For me it's reading technical manuals, playing classical guitar, watching a film of excellent cinematographic quality, seeing cute girls, looking at or being in nature, OK OK, I'm easily inspired. :p

9. visualpoetry

visualpoetry TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Get inspired by browing other photographers work. I could sit on the WPJA website for hours on end.. there's some amazing stuff on there.

10. JerryPH

JerryPH No longer a newbie, moving up!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    The Moment It Clicks by Joe McNally... I just picked it up. If that book doesn't inspire you, you are a wooden lump! :lol:

11. Hawaii Five-O

Hawaii Five-O My alter-egos have been banned. :( Now I must be

Photos OK to edit
    Sometimes, I think its easy to over do creativity, as in trying to0 hard to be creative which ends up being strained creativity that you may not be happy with. I find that in drawing, if I try too hard to be creative, I end up with something not too interesting. Another problem I have with trying to be creative sometimes too is the mindset I am going to make some great Escher like masterpiece drawing. For me I think that type " I have to create a masterpiece" idea hinders creativity because I'm trying to base my creativity on someone else's style and standard, which I think puts a barrier on the mind.

12. xamblin

xamblin TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Whenever I'm feeling uncreative I take a few stuffed animals to the park and practice my technique. I get some strange looks but it's a decent time and pretty relaxing.