Getting into photography, but still an amateur/noob/newbie, I know. Critique, please?

oasisvader

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
This is at a local basketball game. This image is in it's original form; no cropping, filtering, editing of any kind. Could use a little constructive critisism, please, but not too harsh. Let me know if it needs to be bigger. Thanks.

It's a interesting shot. I'm not sure what can be done to improve it, without reshooting. If I was to shoot it, I would have the right hand at the far right of the photo and the ball in frame and negative space to the left of the ball. Aside from that, maybe black and white is the way to go. The photo has nice contrast, that tends to be more dramatic in B&W.

I like the shot... the only thing I would do is slightly bump up the contrast and maybe try and crop out that wire that runs through the top

I like the flag in the bg. the only things I'd do without reshooting is the wire up there (removing it). and if you ever try to reshoot, I'd try to capture the whole ball in the photo, getting rid of the right side (the white area next to the flag)

Yep, good photo- only that line... Easy enough to PS it out. Come on don't be lazy, do it and show us.

Most reactions

Back