Getting into photography, but still an amateur/noob/newbie, I know. Critique, please?

Discussion in 'Critique Forum Archives' started by oasisvader, Aug 11, 2006.

1. oasisvader

oasisvader TPF Noob!

This is at a local basketball game. This image is in it's original form; no cropping, filtering, editing of any kind. Could use a little constructive critisism, please, but not too harsh. Let me know if it needs to be bigger. Thanks.

[​IMG]

2. Remi M.

Remi M. TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    It's a interesting shot. I'm not sure what can be done to improve it, without reshooting. If I was to shoot it, I would have the right hand at the far right of the photo and the ball in frame and negative space to the left of the ball. Aside from that, maybe black and white is the way to go. The photo has nice contrast, that tends to be more dramatic in B&W.

3. darin3200

darin3200 TPF Noob!

I liked this shot when I first checked out your DA page. The timing is good. Color is only in the important parts. Flag works nice in the background

4. Vmann

Vmann TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    I like the shot... the only thing I would do is slightly bump up the contrast and maybe try and crop out that wire that runs through the top

5. mentos_007

mentos_007 The Freshmaker!

Photos OK to edit
    I like the flag in the bg. the only things I'd do without reshooting is the wire up there (removing it). and if you ever try to reshoot, I'd try to capture the whole ball in the photo, getting rid of the right side (the white area next to the flag)

6. fotonemer

fotonemer TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Yep, good photo- only that line... Easy enough to PS it out. Come on don't be lazy, do it and show us.