Getting into places..

Discussion in 'Digital Discussion & Q&A' started by JL385, Aug 9, 2017.

1. Dave Colangelo

Dave Colangelo No longer a newbie, moving up!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    This heavily depends on where you are trying to get into,

Many cities list the owner of record publicly, philly has a nice site for it but not all places are as web friendly. Generally the local municipal office can pull the info some may require a form or a call or an in-person visit etc. From there you may be on your own to find the owner as all cities track and release different info on property ownership. FWIW trespassing in PA is a Felony so tread lightly.

2. JL385

JL385 TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Its not on the top of the list but it looks pretty cool, i'm more interested in the gritty abandonment aspect more so than the art but yeah i'll most likely hit the highway for the structural crack and the graffiti.

Not 100% sure i know the people still living there are under certain stipulations of when they die or move the state then owns the land. I assume there must be "no trespassing" considering the coal fire is still burning under ground and toxic gas still being in the area. We all know the coolest stuff to shoot is usually in the out of bounds area's.

3. JL385

JL385 TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Agree'd i'm about to be a dad and in a very good career... last thing I need is a felony charge to ruin my life. I'm very grateful for all the responses from everyone on how to properly approach these situations.

4. Nevermore1

Nevermore1 No longer a newbie, moving up!

Photos OK to edit

I haven't been on here much, saw thiadue tosomeone else commenting. Did you ever go to Centralia or get more info? This is one place I would like to go and it's not too far from my in-laws. It's always been my understanding that it's open with warning signs.