Getting my Sb-800 Wireless

4-16-09 was when the thread died a natural death. :lmao:

Grave dessicration is a crime. :confused:

4-16-09 was when the thread died a natural death. :lmao:

Grave dessicration is a crime. :confused:

I'm actually glad it got resurrected. I didn't know I could set my on-board flash to -- and have it react the way described above. I always set it to to the lowest setting and use card board or something to block the flash from hitting the subject.

That is all covered in your D90 users manual, the Custom settings menu e2 (page 185) and Commander mode, page 188.

You might want to read the manual sometime, so you can be sure you know about all your cameras capabilites, rather than relying on someone digging up an old dead thread.

If you've misplaced your D90 users manual, you can download it here: User's Manual - D90 - Guide to Digital Photography

hmmm... while I agree with you I should probably take another look at my user's manual, because it has been awhile... I don't think there is anything wrong with me finding useful information about photography, on a photography forum.

I'm not advocating we should go resurrect all old threads... I'm simply pointing out how it helped me in this case. Which goes to show how resurrected threads can be helpful. That's the point of a forum... to share knowledge.

And I think "rely" is a strong word. People learn through all kinds of avenues... it's not exclusive. I'd be willing to bet you've "relied" on SOME piece of information from somebody else pertaining to a piece of equipment that you've owned without referring to the manual.

hmmm... while I agree with you I should probably take another look at my user's manual, because it has been awhile... I don't think there is anything wrong with me finding useful information about photography, on a photography forum.
True, but it's very inefficient.

I'm not advocating we should go resurrect all old threads... I'm simply pointing out how it helped me in this case. Which goes to show how resurrected threads can be helpful. That's the point of a forum... to share knowledge.
The point of the forum is to make the forum owners money.

And I think "rely" is a strong word. People learn through all kinds of avenues... it's not exclusive. I'd be willing to bet you've "relied" on SOME piece of information from somebody else pertaining to a piece of equipment that you've owned without referring to the manual.
I "rely" on my users manuals, and other definative sources - like Nikon's web sites. Any other stray information I pick up is gravy. ;)

Most reactions

Back