Getting Photo Passes to Concerts.

I don't think age matters so much as how you act. I shot my first concert at 16 but I wasn't your average 16 yo either. Almost never used a pass but when I did it was often a home made media ID card :D

I've used a lot of different ways of getting backstage (more interesting to me than the actual concert) from pretty girls to paying off a security guy. If you look and act like you belong there you will rarely get thrown out. Or, at least, I didn't.

Of course, things have changed in this industry with everyone trying to squeeze every penny they can out of everything but I'm sure they are still ways to get in. You just need to get creative.

And I totally disagree with the person who said you don't belong there. Sounds to me like one of those photogs who is afraid of the younger, upcoming generations. If you can find a way, you DO belong there.

Good luck to you.

wow, in a later post you talk about being "professional"? There's nothing professional about using girls and paying off guards and making counterfeit passes. You're lucky you didn't get arrested for trespassing. It all depends on whether someone is serious about being a photographer or just some loser who wants to trick people so he can hang backstage. Sorry, but even if you weren't asking for autographs, you were still acting like a stalker fan.

Was he bothering anyone or was he doing it to take photos?
Gotta do what you gotta do, hell he could be a "pro" now, because of the shots he got.

wow, in a later post you talk about being "professional"? There's nothing professional about using girls and paying off guards and making counterfeit passes. You're lucky you didn't get arrested for trespassing. It all depends on whether someone is serious about being a photographer or just some loser who wants to trick people so he can hang backstage. Sorry, but even if you weren't asking for autographs, you were still acting like a stalker fan.

Wow, I just had to LOL at this one. But you are right, I'm a loser. Although one who doesn't care much what others think and also one with about 25 years of making a living with a camera. :lmao:

Also, getting backstage was good practice for my later work as a PJ. I'm sure you can figure this one out.

you may be able to put a small portfolio...

Where might you be able to put a small portfolio?

I have a feeling that guy is going to turn out to be some sort of a weird spammer... he's pulling up ancient threads and posting fragmented sentences in all of them... :lol:

Where might you be able to put a small portfolio?

I have a feeling that guy is going to turn out to be some sort of a weird spammer... he's pulling up ancient threads and posting fragmented sentences in all of them... :lol:

But... But I really wanted to know where he put his small portfolio.

En su CULOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

:biglaugh:

(sorry... couldn't help it... college roomie and I used to run around campus yelling that at each other all the time. :lmao:)

Maybe you have some sort of venue where starting local bands practice? I know we here in my city do. Or maybe there's people in your school who just started a band? Perhaps you could go there one day, and go around ask the bands if they would like you to shoot photo's for them, so that they don't have to worry about getting the funds for promo-shots, and you can build a portfolio. That way you scratch each other's backs, I think.

Most reactions

Back