Getting started..

surfndcoolwater

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I'm such a newbie.. so to get started, here are some pictures I have taken in the past..:D
What do you guys think?

DSC02278.jpg

CopyofDSC01313.jpg

DSC08623-1.jpg

Yep, I really like #2 as well. The fountain just stand out so well; did you do any PP work on it?

In #1, I feel that the silhoutted palm tree's should be a bit sharper. #2 would be a FANTASTIC photo, if only it were level.

All nice compositions but they don't pop out and grab me or nothin'. #1, nice coloring but what's the subject? The trees take my attention from the color. #2, too centered for my tastes, but that's just me. #3, ok, an urchin. They're good photographs, perhaps not great ones. Keep 'em coming. Have fun.

Yep, I really like #2 as well. The fountain just stand out so well; did you do any PP work on it?

wow.. whats PP? haha.. i need to learn tpf lingo. but thanks.
the most i did to the picture was cropping it. i took the picture for like 10 seconds. what is that called? exposure?:confused:

All nice compositions but they don't pop out and grab me or nothin'. #1, nice coloring but what's the subject? The trees take my attention from the color. #2, too centered for my tastes, but that's just me. #3, ok, an urchin. They're good photographs, perhaps not great ones. Keep 'em coming. Have fun.

on #1 its the sunset. on #3 it does look like an urchin but its some fuzzy thing on a tree, hehe it caught my attention

The horizon is tilted in number 2, but it would otherwise be my favorite of the three. It certainly looks like you have potential.

PP = Post Processing, i.e. using photoshop to polish or embellish your images. A large majority of the photos that really stand out these days have had a large amount of post work done to them. It's a good thing to learn.

wow.. whats PP? haha.. i need to learn tpf lingo. but thanks.
the most i did to the picture was cropping it. i took the picture for like 10 seconds. what is that called? exposure?:confused:
Ah, sorry, PP stands for post-processing (work), or using Photoshop or an image editing program to improve your photos.

Also, yes, the exposure time is how long the shutter is open for. An exposure can also be a smart way of referring to a photo :greenpbl:

Edit: Aww, nuts, Antithesis beat me to it :(

Most reactions

Back