Getting started

amy

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hello,

I am new to this forum

I am a professional photographer and have been shooting weddings for the last 5 years with my Boss who owns the business. His business is very profatable but he is not paying me as he should. With this said I want to branch out and start my own business doing weddings to start as I am very good and shoot most of his weddings anyways.

Can someone give me advice on the basiscs of getting started. Such as advertising and marketing myself in general. I pretty much have the equipment side taken care of

If this is not the proper forum for this I apologize. If it is not maybe someone can point me in the right direction

Thanks in advance

Amy

hello Amy. I'm thinking about majoring in business so i think i can try and point you in the right direction. I'm only 20 but i've learned a lot over the years. I've noticed that "word of mouth" is the best type of advertising there is. I met a saleswoman that works at a dealership once and she told me she was extremely successful b/c she handed out business cards wherever she went. So you really want to tell everyone you know about what your doing so that they can tell others. You can make a website, post ads in the newspaper, radio ads. It's probably gonna be slow at first but hopefully you will be profitable in the end. I wish u luck.

Most reactions

Back