Getting the most from my camera

I have a brilliant idea.

We make an adapter that will allow the use of all those APS slr lenses going to waste now a days. To, be used on the cell phone cameras.

All the people who bought into the APS slr hype and now no longer use them. Could sell their unused lenses to the cell phone people. They get money for their old unused equipment.

And all those people with $400 and $500 cell phone cameras can feel like they are true photographers with real lenses on their phones.

Too bad the Red Green show is not on. I am sure he could find a way to duct tape an APS lens to an Iphone and get it to work. :lmao:

Just think of all that good glass out there from the major manufacturers just wasting away. When a cell phone could use the transplant. :p

im not sure whats more fun the read...the OP's questions, or the replies that are serious answers :D

He really sounds serious, though. We're just trying to save him from being forbidden to touch a camera for the rest of his life.

I've made good progress on putting my new pro rig together, I'll be doing some test shot soon and will post them here. I hope to have the new iPhone 3G S this week. I found a place to get the worksite flood lights rented, I might get them for a day in a few days for a test.

Fingers crossed!

I've made good progress on putting my new pro rig together, I'll be doing some test shot soon and will post them here. I hope to have the new iPhone 3G S this week. I found a place to get the worksite flood lights rented, I might get them for a day in a few days for a test.

Fingers crossed!

Don't buy a new phone!

Get a real camera!

Last edited:

Fingers crossed!

Well, one of the fourth-generation iPhone prototypes was "lost", i guess you can have a look, if you weren't able to obtain it. Just imagine, its camera should be much better than on that old iPhone you wait for. It would be just awesome to get it before the wedding.

Fingers crossed!

[SIZE=+1]They're coming to take me away, HA HA
They're coming to take me away, HO HO HEE HEE HA HA
To the funny farm
Where life is beautiful all the time
And I'll be happy to see
Those nice, young men
In their clean, white coats
And they're coming to take me away, Ha-haaa!

To the happy home
With trees and flowers and chirping birds
And basket weavers who sit and smile
And twiddle their thumbs and toes
And they're coming to take me away, Ha-haaa!

To the funny farm
Where life is beautiful all the time
And I'll be happy to see
Those nice, young men
In their clean, white coats
And they're coming to take me away, Ha-haaa![/SIZE]

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :smileys: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Fingers crossed!

[SIZE=+1]They're coming to take me away, HA HA[/SIZE]
[SIZE=+1]They're coming to take me away, HO HO HEE HEE HA HA[/SIZE]
[SIZE=+1]To the funny farm[/SIZE]
[SIZE=+1]Where life is beautiful all the time[/SIZE]
[SIZE=+1]And I'll be happy to see[/SIZE]
[SIZE=+1]Those nice, young men[/SIZE]
[SIZE=+1]In their clean, white coats[/SIZE]
[SIZE=+1]And they're coming to take me away, Ha-haaa![/SIZE]

[SIZE=+1]To the happy home[/SIZE]
[SIZE=+1]With trees and flowers and chirping birds[/SIZE]
[SIZE=+1]And basket weavers who sit and smile[/SIZE]
[SIZE=+1]And twiddle their thumbs and toes[/SIZE]

[SIZE=+1]To the funny farm[/SIZE]
[SIZE=+1]Where life is beautiful all the time[/SIZE]
[SIZE=+1]And I'll be happy to see[/SIZE]
[SIZE=+1]Those nice, young men[/SIZE]
[SIZE=+1]In their clean, white coats[/SIZE]

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :smileys: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Nice :mrgreen:

You guys are funny, heh heh. Btw, my sister was telling me tofU that she was worried about the whole "cell phone cam" thing, but I told her not to worry because you guys were helping me out, and she seemed reassured. "If the professionals say it's ok, then I trust you, Roy". She was impressed when told her about the things you guys taught me about, like the importance of lenses and Carl zeiss and lights. I'd be lost without your help, I realize that now!

I can't wait to show you the special holder for the lights and tripod mount and stuff. As thanks, I'm going to put a big thephotoforum.com logo on it to make sure you guys get the credit!

You guys are funny, heh heh. Btw, my sister was telling me tofU that she was worried about the whole "cell phone cam" thing, but I told her not to worry because you guys were helping me out, and she seemed reassured. "If the professionals say it's ok, then I trust you, Roy". She was impressed when told her about the things you guys taught me about, like the importance of lenses and Carl zeiss and lights. I'd be lost without your help, I realize that now!

I can't wait to show you the special holder for the lights and tripod mount and stuff. As thanks, I'm going to put a big thephotoforum.com logo on it to make sure you guys get the credit!
You're the best troll i have ever seen :)
Obvious, but so funny

Oh my god lol :lol:

Haha amazing trolling i hope you get those pictures up soon

hahahahaha I just read this entire thread! NO ONE IS HELPING YOU!!!!

How dumb could you possibly be Roy?!?!?! she is going to be SOOO pissed at you, and I how she kicks your A$$

Only thing funnier than the OP is the people who actually believe this is for real.

Do I need a special cable to transfer the images to my computer? I was at the store and saw USB cables with gold connectors, the salesman said this makes the cable work better so you get a better signal. I haven't found one for the iPhone yet, but if I'm going to eek out every little bit of quality, I'm wondering if this is something I should use.

I told someone this and they suggested something called munster cable, looking for good advice on how to proceed.

I'll have a picture of my rig up in a few days, it's coming together real nice!

You only get 1/2 as many megapixels with the silver connector. You HAVE to get the gold. Make sure you buy it from a BestBuy. The ones on newegg (which are cheaper) are a FAR lesser grade and will only get you about 3/4 of the megapixels.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back