gettyimages

Mack

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
hey i was wondering if anyone here works for them or knows how to get a job/ how it works, do you send photos to them and get paid 50% of the photo if sold or do they hire you and pay you a certain ammount to take photos?

yup:D bigcompany apprantly around 4grand to use photo on frontpage:eek:

Getty Images Web Site
You may be better served by going for a smaller library since to be successful in Getty Images i'd suggest you have to be world class.
You just have to browse some of their images to see what you'd be up against and then honestly decide if you were up to that standard.
You may also have to have at least 100 images to submit as a first submission.
Could you then follow that up with at least the same number again?
I suppose you've nothing to lose but carefully read their conditions to see if they even accept images for joe public.

If you want to sell your photos why not try Photographers Direct
You'll get a higfher percentage of the fee (80%) and you don't need any set number of images to start.
I've been using them for a while and sold a shot to Germany for over £85 (around $150) Not bad for a holiday shot!!

i have always wondered about getty images (as the images are on there so quickly after the actual event) if:

the images are stright off the camera or whether they are manipulated (well altered and colour corrected is ps)

some images are so amazing i cant believe it simetimes!

Also if its all digital..?!

I'd think with today's technology most of those shots would be straight from the camera. The photographers wouldn't have time to shoot an event in the one part of the world and email it to their editor on the other side of the planet and still be bang up to date with the news.
There may be a quick auto levels/contrast etc but i'm not sure they'd have much more time to do anything else if the editor wants to see all the shots to choose one or two and then compose the article round them.

I'm not in journalism so may be wrong so if anyone knows better, say so.

Most reactions

Back