Ghost Town on the Prairie – the return

invisible

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Website
www.federicobuchbinder.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Me and some guys from a local photo club decided to go back to this place for more photographic bliss. (Original post from first trip here)

1. Somebody's watching

2. You're a doll

3. Haunted house (processed for a cartoon-like look)

4. The view from the living room

5. Baby, baby, baby

6. A door missing a hinge or two

7. Canola fields forever

8. When we were done shooting, this is the sky we found out there (no processing done to this one other than adjustments in Camera RAW)

Full gallery here

Thanks for looking...

Last edited:
2and42and4. nice light and shadow for two. and beautiful colour for 4. i want four large and on my wall. forget real windows, i want that one

#2 - For some reason the lighting on the doll isn't working for me. I'm liking the angle and the shadow on the wall from the doll, but I'm just not liking the actual lighting on the doll.

#4 - Ahhhhh, I'm lovin' this one; it literally does not look real at all, which is why I'm in love with it (well, I love the colours, too, heh).

#6 - I really like the colours between the white, green and red, especially the red.

#8 - Egh, not enough ground and waaay too much sky, for me anyways.

------------------------------------

Amazing photos nonetheless. This makes me REALLY want to go exploring Ghost Towns now, hahaha.

Great series!

1. Very dramatic!

2. Love the lighting - the shot creates a sense of a life that was, of emptiness.

3. :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup: Very nice!

4. :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup: Very Nice!

5. Hmmm...not sure about this one.

6. Interesting. My first thought with the hole in the door and the red paint, was rather morbid... the writer in me I guess, but still your photo succeeded is evoking that thought. :thumbup:

7. Beautiful

8. Stunning

Nice. Where is this?

#4 ROCKS ! -

That kind of a picture is normally difficult, ... at best...

You did well...! :thumbup:

Oh my God! This is purely amazing. I have never been captivated by a series of photos in a long while. I love each and every one of them. I love the cartoon effect on 3. It really looks like a painting. I could imagine it as a poster for a horror movie. It has a very surreal feeling to it.

The bright green and turquoise in the 4th one draws you in a lot. I kept looking at the image for a long while. The colors on the 6th one make it special too. "You're a doll" is also very spooky. The atmosphere is palpable.

Is there a chance you could post a "Before" picture of #4? These are some of the most beautifully processed pic's I've seen in a long time..

Thanks for posting them!!:thumbup:

Oh my God! This is purely amazing. I have never been captivated by a series of photos in a long while. I love each and every one of them. I love the cartoon effect on 3. It really looks like a painting. I could imagine it as a poster for a horror movie. It has a very surreal feeling to it.

The bright green and turquoise in the 4th one draws you in a lot. I kept looking at the image for a long while. The colors on the 6th one make it special too. "You're a doll" is also very spooky. The atmosphere is palpable.

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

I have to agree ... couldn't have said it better ...

wow, I'm really diggin 1-4 and 6. You've got yourself a great find here! The lighting is wonderful in these and the color really makes them special. The shadows and contrast in those first two really make a dramatic impression on me. Love them, good job

2and42and4. nice light and shadow for two. and beautiful colour for 4. i want four large and on my wall. forget real windows, i want that one
Would you prefer it on glossy paper or just matte?

#2 - For some reason the lighting on the doll isn't working for me. I'm liking the angle and the shadow on the wall from the doll, but I'm just not liking the actual lighting on the doll.
I'm very happy with this photo as I'd been wanting to shoot a half-creepy doll for a long time (but didn't have a doll). However, I keep wondering how this one would have looked with less light. The single source of light was the late afternoon sun coming through a window. Less light, and also light not so warm... that's how I imagine this scene working best.

#8 - Egh, not enough ground and waaay too much sky, for me anyways.
Photo #8 is just a bonus shot :) There was really nothing in the foreground, but I couldn't believe the sky we had out there so I had to share with the world.

5. Hmmm...not sure about this one.
What?? You don't like cute babies? ;)

6. Interesting. My first thought with the hole in the door and the red paint, was rather morbid... the writer in me I guess, but still your photo succeeded is evoking that thought. :thumbup:
This image really got new "meaning" after processing. There's something about those pale reds that I find repulsive, but I think works for the photo.

Thanks Wyjid, TM22 and Carol!

Nice. Where is this?
This is Ste. Elizabeth, an abandoned village an hour south of Winnipeg, MB.

Thanks very much, Mersad, your comment made my day!

Is there a chance you could post a "Before" picture of #4? These are some of the most beautifully processed pic's I've seen in a long time..
Hey, thanks for that. Here's #4 straight out of the camera:

With images like the above, the challenge is to expose correctly for three planes: ground, sky, and inside. On top of that, the temperature of the light is different inside and outside... so I consider myself lucky to have been able to make this one work.

Thanks everybody for your comments!!

Last edited:
I don't care much for 3 and 3 but wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwow on 1 and 2. Both freaked me out. Particularly 1. I kept trying to see if that shape in the window was a person. :shudder:

Just awesome! Number 4 is up there in the top 10 photos I have seen on this site. I love the colors, the feel, the symetry of the window, the crop - everything!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back