Ghost!

pursuer

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
ok, not quite but my niece asked me to create an image of her that looked like an old photo of a ghost, what do you guys think. Any tips on making the photo look old?

ghost1pa.jpg

i think youve done a great job making it look old- the bleak colors and grain help alot, maybe dropping some more color or brightness could help?

i just love this shot...that is so cool... i would love to have a shot of my child like this...or since my father is gone..i would love to have one of him at his favorite place...that would be great.....thanks for the idea....maybe i can get a friend to do it!! (hint hint...)

Thanks a lot guys, she really liked it. As for the ghost effect I just stopped down so I could take a long exposure and got her to move out of the way half way through.

Only thing to make it look older is getting rid of that newer chair, and maybe adding some dust/scratches to it.

For some unknown reason, echo.cx refuses to open photos up for me. Not even the "non-direct approach" will work... :(
Not to be able to see a photo by pursuer kind of ruins my morning :cry::cry::cry:

This photo couldn't get any ghostlier, to me! what a great effect :)

Well done, the effect, conversion and even apart from the effect well framed and good expression, she looks like a ghost bored of haunting.

Nice shot, but
for better ghost imitation you should apply a different transparencies for different part of image. Simmilar as picture with fog. It's quite easy in PS

LaFoto said:
For some unknown reason, echo.cx refuses to open photos up for me. Not even the "non-direct approach" will work... :(
Not to be able to see a photo by pursuer kind of ruins my morning :cry::cry::cry:

LaFoto I wish I had a solution for you, this is the same host I use for all my images. It is very strange that you should suddenly have a problem with it.
If it happens again in the future let me know and I will look for a different host. You not being able to see my photo puts a damper on my morning as well :(

BadRotation I thought about adding dust and scatches but wasn't sure how to go about it. Im more acustomed to removing them then adding them ;) Any suggestions?

Emayd, thanks for the idea. I suppose I could have taken a picture of her in the chair and then another of just the chair then combined them in PS using a layer mask to control different areas of transparency. However Im not sure how I could go about changing the transparency level of the image I have without doing a lot of work, it is a single exposure.

Thanks again everyone :)

Great job pursuer. The effect is amazing.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back