Gibsons cave

KenCo

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.takingthepic.com
Been spending money on new photo equipment (check Sig, all of which is new)... Thought it was about time!
These are all taken with the 17-55 F2.8 IS USMmmmmmmm!
Lovely lens and some day I hope to do it justice.
Loads of other stuff to share, when I get round to it.

gibsons-cave.jpg

summerhill-falls-11.jpg

summerhill-falls-14.jpg

summerhill-falls-2.jpg

summerhill-falls-20.jpg

TFL.
Ken.

There have been a few threads where I do not see any photos even though others clearly do, like ShootsHoops here. I don't know if it's my browser (Firefox), my firewall (McAfee security centre) or something else. I'm not getting any error messages, so I'm at a loss to know what's going on. I'd love to see some cave shots too :grumpy:. Perhaps one of the moderators can suggest what's going on?

Mike

Beautiful shots, Ken!! The sky and lighting in #1 is lovely. All of the shots are gorgeous. Congrats on the new equipment

Two is sooooo beautiful. One is also great, but I'd chop that sign off.

Dani

congrats on the new equipment kenco, always a fan of your work!

stunning as ever mate, and have fun with the new kit

I've seen the pics now. Lovely. Still not sure why my laptop allows me to see them but my desktop doesn't

Mike

Mike, if that would be something with which we could help you we'd happily do so, but I'm afraid that if some members for some reason cannot see some photos on display while others clearly CAN see them then that is a problem much beyond our influence. But I am happy to hear that you got to see these photos at last.

For they are a lovely sight to behold, Ken!
What a location!
You could go photography-wild out there.

My favourite two are the second and the last.
Maybe you would want to tell us what it is between Photo 3 and 4 that you did differently? And why you tried first this and then that?

These are all great photos.

Typically, although being a great shot, I would care for the first the least. However, something about the transformation in mood that takes place from the "new" sign, following the steps to the top- whoa,... I actually prefer it to the rest of these excellent captures.

Awesome, I like the #2 most. And I would like to know what post processing you did to make it look soo much like a painting. And would be glad to know the EXIF data too. Thanks for sharing.

Thanks very much for the further comments.....I actually forgot all about these, so sorry for the delay.
Maybe you would want to tell us what it is between Photo 3 and 4 that you did differently? And why you tried first this and then that?
Just that the sun decided to make a brief appearance in the first of those two, thus allowing a faster shutter speed and not having the water so blurred.
And I would like to know what post processing you did to make it look soo much like a painting. And would be glad to know the EXIF data too. Thanks for sharing.
To tell you the truth, I can't remember exactly what processing I used but to say.....I have been experimenting with layer blending options and these were the start. Using 4 or 5 layers and changing the blending options on each and reducing the opacity.
Exif for NO. 2 is.....
17-55
@ 31mm
0.3s
f8
iso 100
Just saw these, these are awesome! I love the greens, the longer exposure time water, and the partly cloudy skies! Have you thought of printing these bad boys up nice and big?
Thanks, i've gone off these now.....only posted as they were with a new lens. The focus on some is a little off and the processing....like I said was a little experimental. I don't mind you guys liking them but I think I could and should have done better.
Thanks again.
Ken.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back