TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.petecrawford.co.uk
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi all,

I'm looking for a Birthday gift for my Dad. The Script is we'll be away on a photography trip (his Christmas present to me) on his birthday and I'd like to get him something good. I've got up to £200 to spend

He's been into photography since the 70's and though he doesn't get the free time to spend taking photos he has always loved it. Currently he shoots with a Canon 1DX, lenses are a 16-35mm f2.8 L, Canon 24-70mm F2.8L and a 70-300mm DO IS f4-5.6. He also has a Lee filter system with 2 stop soft and hard grad ND filters plus a big stopper. He's got CPLs, a Canon 530 EXii flash, manifroto carbon fibre tripod, wired shutter release, batteries etc.

I was thinking on getting another couple of filters for him, useful but boring. The thought also crossed my mind to get a lensbaby wich I like the idea of but unsure wither it's more of a gimmick than a sierous piece of kit. Maybe some pocketwizards and a flash bracket if I can get my Mum an Sis to chip in (which should be fine but possibly ony max £300)

He likes to take his camera a shoot a bit of everything, already has lightroom and photoshop.

Just hopeing for some advice and or suggestions as he is a difficult man to buy for.

Has he got a good carrying system. That heavy 1dx is a lot easier with some quick access system that spreads weight across ones back

Does he have radio transmitters to get the flash off camera? I just got the Yongnuo 622C kit (transponder+receiver) for under 100 Euros.

Another option maybe find a photo he took and really loves. Get it printed by a pro framing outlet like white wall.

Does he have radio transmitters to get the flash off camera? I just got the Yongnuo 622C kit (transponder+receiver) for under 100 Euros.

Thanks mate, no he doesn't have any radio triggers. Thats a good suggestion if my mum and sis dont want to chip in.

Most reactions

Back