Gifts?

sillyphaunt

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.bugshots.net
So, for the Holiday season, are you planning on giving any of your shots (Framed) as gifts?

I have been thinking of doing this, but I'm not sure if people will see it as trying to get out of giving a "Real" gift or not. :lol:

I've been thinking about a calendar or a book (through iPhoto), but probably not until next year when I have more quality shots to choose from.

I'm a beginner so my library isn't very deep.

If you have good shots, I think it would make a nice gift. You made it yourself...etc...

But depending on how the person views your gifts, you risk being labelled "cheap"

Cheers

Hey I'm new. But hopefully I won't be too busy to visit often. I've been reading and viewing the photos this past weekend and hope to suck information from everyone and possibly give some good ideas and such.

Anyway about the gifts. I think if you make the calendar that would be great! It shows you took the time to actually make something and not just drop a few bucks at a store. Personally for my parents I am going to create a framed "photo" of all my kids spelling out Grandma and Grandpa. In Photoshop if you choose a nice large bulky font and place selected photos in those letters it looks great! Just be careful not to crop off a face or something - could be time consuming depending on how many portraits you have, easy to do with kids. If you are looking for something like this for friends I would prefer to get or give a nice photo framed extra large. Nice matting, something they can hang up that matches their decor. Remember it's for them in their house.

Too much for a first post?

TMP

Hey smartass... you come here with your first post and already giving advices?

Huh? HUH!?

:D:D:D

Kiddin. Welcome to the forum

DocFrankenstein said:
Hey smartass... you come here with your first post and already giving advices?

Huh? HUH!?

:D:D:D

Kiddin. Welcome to the forum

Now I KNOW I'm welcome here! Thanks!

I would much rather get a nicely printed photograph or other work of art than more of the standard consumer crap that is cluttering my life. My friends and family beg for more photos from me. I can't keep up with the demand.

I'm giving a few of my photos as gifts this year. 8x10s with a nice frame...so it's not that cheap.

At the very least, they can take out the photo and use the frame :roll:

I was going to do this but I thought of other stuff to get some people. And my aunt wants to buy a couple prints after Christmas, so I have to find something else for her, hehe, dont watn to ruin a sale. :0)

you're being silly. maybe my family and friends just humor me, but they would rather i give them a photo than anything else. i just make sure the photo relates to THEM... right?

and if you're worried about being cheap... or if you're worried about them thinking you're cheap, well that's just silly too. mats and frames are enough to break the bank just like any other christmas gift.

good luck to you! and happy holidays.

I am doing a couple prints this year, if I get off my ass and get back in the darkroom to get them done. I have some photos of my nephews, so I am going to print one of each for their moms (my sis-in-laws) and one each for their grandma (my mom).

I never intended it, but the first couple of photos I gave away as gifts were so well received, now it feels like it's "what" Terri had better be giving! :wink: It's nice, though....validating. :D

Gerry, give up the greed thing and give your poor old aunt a print!! :p

OH - almost forgot to add: conversely, I was just given a gift of someone's images, who happens to be a member here. That gift, plus a heartfelt personalized card, has made my Christmas special already.

I'd like to think I've made people as happy as this gift made me. :)

Most reactions

Back