his4ever

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.stonecafecreations.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
wheel.jpg

I have tried to do some levels with these. The wheels still look too bright. Please Tell me how to change this in gimp. Thanks! (Oh and if there are any other suggetions for this shot please let me know...

Tools -> color tools -> Curves.

For curves, just like in photoshop, you pick the color you want to change on your image, and the curves tool wil mark out where that specific pixel is on the histogram. Drag the curve up to remap the value brighter, or down to remap the value to a darker one.

If you want a more in-depth look at using curves, i suggest reading any photoshop tutorial on curves. The same methods apply in Gimp, the buttons are just in a different spot.

Also, I use Brighness/Contrast and Levels. I suggest simply messing around with those two, because they are VERY straighforward once you have a chance to play around. The specific order I do things in is:

• Levels (to adjust dynamic range and the gray point)
  • Curves (to touch up specific areas and ranges, change white balance)
  • Brightness/Contrast (a quick and effective way to readjust the brightness in the image without spending a huge amount of time in curves and levels)

wheel.jpg
wheel.jpg

You said tell you how to do it. So I shall, but i thought it might help to so the outcome aswell.

If you wish to darken specific areas, I'd defo say use the BURN tool.
Set it to between 30%-50% and go over the brighter areas. Then keep doing until it becomes darker. It doesn't really darken pure whites tho.

If you had a problem and a certain area was to bright(opposite to your case) you should you the DODGE tool. Again, set it to a lower pressure, until you get the desired effect.

I'd use curves/levels if it was the whole or a much larger area of the picture.

Hope this helped.

Most reactions

Back