KmH

In memoriam
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
kharrodphotography.blogspot.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
More people might use the GIMP if they made it easier to figure out HOW TO DOWNLOAD THE SOFTWARE.

I'd like to play with the current version since I haven't looked at it in a couple of years.

If anyone else is wanting to download it, for the Windows version go here: GIMP - for Windows

Last edited:
There's a "Download GIMP 2.6.8 - Installer for Windows XP SP2 or later" link right near the top of the downloads page that is straight to the .exe.

GIMP - Downloads

There's a "Download GIMP 2.6.8 - Installer for Windows XP SP2 or later" link right near the top of the downloads page that is straight to the .exe.

GIMP - Downloads
Hummm. I don't see that "Download GIMP 2.6.8 - Installer for Windows XP SP2 or later" anywhere on that page so I still don't get it.

Interesting. I'd guess they're reading system info and the page is somewhat dynamic in what it displays then. I'm on XP here at work. I'll look from both Linux and Win 7 when I get home to try it out. What OS/Browser are you running?

Here's what shows for me right now:
untitled.jpg

never use gimp I will try it see how i like it to CS4 and all the other stuff i have.

Info on page is dynamic. Displays the same as above in Win7, but different in Linux.

Very strange! That's more like what it looked like when I went in Linux. I was using Firefox, but also just tried with IE and still saw the windows option. Wow!

I wonder if anyone else running Vista could chime in and see how it displays for them.

Actually, after looking at your screenshot closer, it almost looks like the top banner is covering up the windows download link. If you notice right above where yours says "Show other downloads," there's that orange line. That orange line is exactly where the "Download GIMP 2.6.8" link is on mine.

I wonder if anyone else running Vista could chime in and see how it displays for them.

Vista & my browser is Opera.
gimp.jpg

(That banner starts just above where I cropped it.)

Gimp is an excellent prog but I have never tried it on Windows. On Windows I use Paint.NET which along with it's plug-ins is a really nice image editing software for a noob like me.

You can get it from here ----> Paint.NET - Free Software for Digital Photo Editing (A really good alternative to PS)

Most reactions

Back