Giraffes of Melbourne Zoo

Cheyenne

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hi guys,

These are a few photos I took recently on a trip to Melbourne Zoo.

The Giraffe's are probably my favourite :D

Frame_DSCN14001.jpg

Frame_DSCN14011.jpg

Frame_DSCN14021.jpg

Frame_DSCN14031.jpg

Frame_DSCN14041.jpg

Bump

Guys I would really love some feedback and suggestions for improvement

The first one seems just a tiny tad outta focus. Just a hair. Maybe try adjusting the contrast. Sometimes that helps make things appear more crisp.

Only other thing I'd do is wait till they weren't at the feeders. I try to always take photo's without any man made objects in them, specially animals.

Great subjects for photos tho. I never knew giraffs were so dark.

the_jersey_lilly_2000 said:
The first one seems just a tiny tad outta focus. Just a hair. Maybe try adjusting the contrast. Sometimes that helps make things appear more crisp.

Only other thing I'd do is wait till they weren't at the feeders. I try to always take photo's without any man made objects in them, specially animals.

Great subjects for photos tho. I never knew giraffs were so dark.

Thanks for your comments Jersey Lilly :) The first one is a bit out of focus I think but I am learning all the time (or at least trying to :lol: )

These particular Giraffe are Rothchilds Giraffe and get quite dark :D

henryhurrry said:
I like giraffes, it would be nice to see some close-ups. Maybe an angle that exagerates their height.

Hi Henry thanks for your comments. These shots were taken with a Nikon Coolpix 3700 so I was working with very limited zoom. I'm actually getting a new camera in a few weeks and will be sure to take another trip to the zoo to try it out :wink: . I think close up and angles that exagerate their height would make for lovely shots so thanks for the suggestions :)

Most reactions

Back