girl... a diferent one

i like the crop on this the darker area to the right sets the stage. great capture
thank you for the comment! glad you liked it :)

Very nice Maria, but you HAVE to redo this with Rembrandt-esque lighting. The scene, her clothing, her look, just scream for that.
I actually did something similar to that :) (great minds...) ;)
tnx John!

The image processing in this looks like a new layer and then a Multiply overlay...does not look right...needs an entierely different blending mode. The heavy shadow her head casts and the low contrast over the entire tonal range smacks of a weird editing method...just does not look "right". There's no way a heavy, distinct head shadow like that could ever be paired with such a flat, low-gamma image characteristic.
lol Derrel

interesting

thank you for your comment, can't everyone like it :)

It just struck me as so sad. I don't know that it's the expression or the head down so much as I guess because it's so dark and the background looks like a dresser in a bedroom. Maybe if the background was something else that fit the mood you're going for.
it supposed to struck you as sad, that's the mood I was going for :)
Thank you Sharon!

Nice image Marija!
Glad you did not name it (Designer), so that we could form our own thoughts and opinions. Seems that moody, dark, sad are what you were aiming at.
I like that it's okay to simply 'LIKE' an image and that's it. Would it look nice in this room, in this location, printed on this media at this size etc.
nicely said Jack... and it's nice to hear this kind of feedback sometimes, nice and simple I mean :)
Thank you!

You are really developing a distinct style ... and I love the style and your images. (But I just so ever slightly lighten the highlights in the hair and face and maybe try it as a B&W.)

Well done Marija.
awwww Gary... so glad you like my images :icon_hug:
yeah, I understand about highlights...we'll see how will I handle them in the future... I go by the feeling of that particular moment when I'm editing something, maybe I'll go even darker with the next picture or much lighter...we'll see, I don't know either :)

bw..no for this picture, I didn't want to lose those subtle yellow tones

Thank you!

I have noticed here that many times people over-analyze an image. I look at this image and the first thing I see is that the subject isn't well lit. But that is what makes the mood of this image. Derrel, photography can be a form of art done right. This photo as it stands is perfect to me as the mood of it comes off as VERY somber and it is absolutely 100% clear to me that is what the OP intended to create... Well done Mmaria...
:)
Thank you for deciding to leave this comment!

I have noticed here that many times people over-analyze an image. I look at this image and the first thing I see is that the subject isn't well lit. But that is what makes the mood of this image. Derrel, photography can be a form of art done right. This photo as it stands is perfect to me as the mood of it comes off as VERY somber and it is absolutely 100% clear to me that is what the OP intended to create... Well done Mmaria...

Gee, ya think?

I very much agree with this. And, in most cases, intense analysis removes the enjoyment. At least for me.

When presented with any art, pictures, painting, sculpture........I look at and wait for the emotion to go where it's directed by the subject. More fun that way.
thank you for sharing your thoughts :)

If I react emotionally on a picture, I really don't care about technicalities that much.
... but it's very rare to have an emotional reaction on a picture for numerous of reasons (photographers became obsessed with technicalities instead of capturing emotions, viewers are looking what is missing in the picture instead of simply enjoying in it if it's enjoyable etc..)

Funny part is Bryston, when I see a photo that grabs me by the nose and slams my face into it and makes me say WOW, it's hard to let it go. This photo does just that for me...

I'm very glad to hear it :D

Guys, your comments are very much appreciated!
Thank you all!

thank you for sharing your thoughts :)
If I react emotionally on a picture, I really don't care about technicalities that much.
... but it's very rare to have an emotional reaction on a picture for numerous of reasons (photographers became obsessed with technicalities instead of capturing emotions, viewers are looking what is missing in the picture instead of simply enjoying in it if it's enjoyable etc..)

Truer words were never spoken. The reason I so love Dorothea Lange's work so much is for the incredible emotion she was able to capture on film. I love stuff like that. And, it's not the easiest thing in the world to do.

The reason I so love Dorothea Lange's work so much is for the incredible emotion she was able to capture on film. I love stuff like that. And, it's not the easiest thing in the world to do.
agree with you :)

Gee, ya think?

I very much agree with this. And, in most cases, intense analysis removes the enjoyment. At least for me.

When presented with any art, pictures, painting, sculpture........I look at and wait for the emotion to go where it's directed by the subject. More fun that way.

Funny part is Bryston, when I see a photo that grabs me by the nose and slams my face into it and makes me say WOW, it's hard to let it go. This photo does just that for me...

ummm ....
I'm seeing an underexposed pic of an girl asleep (unconscious?) in the corner
maybe I lack artistic vision

ummm ....
maybe you don't

thanks for your comment! :)

Gee, ya think?

ummm ....

Correct exposure is rarely the right exposure.

*runs away*

ummm ....

Or maybe you missed the part where art is subjective. Just because you don't like it, doesn't mean others won't. Does that mean you lack artistic vision or does that mean your artistic vision is channeled differently? Try reading this blog. It provides an interesting perspective. Doesn't mean you are wrong, doesn't mean I am right. It just means we have much different tastes...

Most reactions

New Topics

Back