Girl on Bridge C&C

eric-holmes

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Since I have started to make some money and have some clients I decided I needed to start posting in the Professional Gallery. I am in NO way a professional but I do desire C&C with explanation. This client loves selective coloring and I am trying to do it an a tasteful way. This was one of my favorites.

902954285_N9jYd-XL.jpg

Nice composition. The bottom of her feet is too close to the bottom though. It may get cut out if you frame it. Just a thought.

How do you do the selective coloring? pm me if you could :)

I love the picture, agree with Schwettylens though - her foot could get cut off if framed.

How do you do the selective coloring? pm me if you could :)

I love the picture, agree with Schwettylens though - her foot could get cut off if framed.

Youtube is your friend steph!

Here is the picture before I had to crop and straighten it. It has more room at the bottom but it is a bit crooked. hmmmm.....

903234569_TDJTu-XL.jpg

Hmm, since the bridge is pretty repetitive I wonder if you could add some extra room to the bottom of the frame and clone in more bridge beneath her feet ( if you wanted to put in that kind of effort into adding more bridge ) it may actually be easy... It helps that the angles of the bridge are going outward on each side of the frame.

I saw something very similar done in the latest issue of Popular Photography.

I am not a fan of selective coloring, but I do like how you used it here. I think that the client will like it very much. The picture as a whole is very nice. The lines of the bridge are great how they make you look to see where she is going but then bring you right back to her. I like it a lot. I do agree with the other person about trying to clone the bridge back in if possible for her feet.

Thank you. I may give that a go.

:lmao:
I have to ask. Is the girl a dwarf....or... a child?
:lmao:

Duh!

You've posted 3 different photos, of the back of her head.

Face recognition is a skill we have at birth, and people have a much stronger emotional connection to photos that have a face in them, anyones face, but particularly family.

A strong emotional connection, is what sells prints.

Good work! I agree, feet a little close to the edge. I normally don't prefer selective either, but if that is what the client wants, that is what they get. You did good with it.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back