Girl On The Bluffs C&C

einsamflicks

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I really love this shot I took but I feel like it's underexposed, but im not sure of how to fix this without losing the quality of the sky behind her.

3997099128_1ff762d03b_b.jpg

Flash? I'm not expert btw that's just my guess to not loose the sky but expose the subject a lot more. Looks really cool though.

looks pretty cool but I think I would have closed down on the aperture to get rid of the blur in the background. Just personal opinion though:)

I would crop out the big electric thing(I don't know what to call it). It was the first thing I looked at.

Sorry, but I have to agree with 1986, the electrical tower is just too distracting.

I hope it's okay that I played with it. If you want it taken down I will.
3997099128_1ff762d03b_b.jpg

I desaturated a bit, and boosted the vibrance just to give her a more natural skin tone while keeping the color in the back. I also did a slight levels and curves adjustment. I tried lightening her up a bit more but then I lost the color in the sky.

photoscape editing software has 'backlight' which would fix the problem. It it can either lighten the subject in the foreground (the girl), and/or lighten the subject and deepen the colors in the background. Very useful effect I've found. its always difficult I guess to expose the subject without the sky being blown out.

Thank you all for the criticism, no way i'm going to get better without all this feedback.
Currently I only really have Lightroom2 to play around with my PC decided to collect dust and overheat so I no longer have cs4.

And I tried cropping out the tower but it didn't look right at all.

As was suggested earlier, fill flash would help you in this setting. Expose for the background (or maybe down a stop or so), and turn your flash on. You may have to mess with the power of the flash. This isn't the best link, but an ok one after a quick google search.

Shutterbug: Using Fill Flash

An off-camera flash would do wonders for this shot.

The powerline doesn't bother me too much, as it kinda blends in with the mountains.

Most reactions

Back