Girl with the Pearl Laptop

Not so sure on the subject it seems people waiting for others to walk in front of brick walls was kind of slammed here a few months back far as street photography and this is sort of sitting duck. It does look like you did a excellent processing job (not that I know chit about processing but it looks good to me) .

This comment really boggles my mind because it seems as if you think that good photography is cobbling specific pieces together in some 'correct' way. Well, whether you believe it or not, that's not it at all.
I saw this woman sitting in the sun and the image resonated with me. Even in its completely unedited form, her position in the light and posture and the pearly glare of the light reminded me of Vermeer's light and so I aimed at that in my processing.
I changed the white balance, changed contrast, removed some annoying glare-y bits, then softened the focus by using the paint daubs filter at its finest settings. I actually increased the light on the computer lid and table top until it reminded me of what I had seen of Vermeer's treatment of light.

If a photographer knows nothing about post-processing, he or she is really limited to taking a picture of what is in front of the lens thus depending too much on luck.

Not so sure on the subject it seems people waiting for others to walk in front of brick walls was kind of slammed here a few months back far as street photography and this is sort of sitting duck. It does look like you did a excellent processing job (not that I know chit about processing but it looks good to me) .

This comment really boggles my mind because it seems as if you think that good photography is cobbling specific pieces together in some 'correct' way. Well, whether you believe it or not, that's not it at all.
I saw this woman sitting in the sun and the image resonated with me. Even in its completely unedited form, her position in the light and posture and the pearly glare of the light reminded me of Vermeer's light and so I aimed at that in my processing.
I changed the white balance, changed contrast, removed some annoying glare-y bits, then softened the focus by using the paint daubs filter at its finest settings. I actually increased the light on the computer lid and table top until it reminded me of what I had seen of Vermeer's treatment of light.

If a photographer knows nothing about post-processing, he or she is really limited to taking a picture of what is in front of the lens thus depending too much on luck.
oh yeah, you did. Now that you explained it I see where the light isn't uniform on the table and there is a little piece of blow out by the corner of the books. still think it is a pretty nice image though. Thankyou for taking the time to explain your processing and especially the paint daubs i was a little stumped on that one thinking of in camera setting and light to do it.

This was an interesting read. Good job. :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back