Basketball261.jpg

Basketball267.jpg

Basketball268.jpg

6. My favorite so far
Basketball294.jpg

Basketball325.jpg

Any critique? Comments? Concerns? :mrgreen:
Thank you.

I personally like 3 the best. Nice series, especially for a gym.

Looks like you are doing a good job of catching the action at it's peak. #6 is the best example of that. Great sense of action but with a nice sharp face.

I don't remember if I've asked you this before...but what ISO are you using? If you aren't already...consider using the highest setting you have...to get the fastest shutter speeds. You will get some noise...but worry about that later.

The action shots look under exposed. The white uniforms don't look white etc. You could easily adjust that in Photoshop etc....which might blow the highlights a bit...but that may be better than muddy looking whites.
Did you use flash in the team shots? Those look much better, in terms of exposure.

Are you allowed to use flash during the games? I would think that flash would be distracting to the players...but I recently read about a photographer who set up a remote flash on a tripod, while shooting from the baseline...and the players didn't mind the flash at all....and the photos looked really sharp and well exposed.

You may not be able to set up a wireless flash system...but even some on-camera flash might help you freeze the action...if you are allowed and if it doesn't bother the players.

For the team shots, I didn't use any flash. There were 2 other photographers shooting at the moment. They might've snuck a flash in there and it ended up showing through on one of my shots, but I doubt it. Unforuntately, I'm not allowed to use the flash. The players might not mind it, but I know how referees can be.

I think these are all great shots! if only they were a bit sharper, but oh well. I love the expressions in #2.

White girls can't jump! lol. I love number 2. The timing was perfect, if only the ball was in the shot as well. But then no one really expects anyone to think about how they are framing their shot in this case. ;)

good job, I know how hard it is to get good sport shots, love #3 lots of action in it at the expression is great

These are really good - given the circumstances!
You are getting better and better - prime lens or no prime lens. OK, in the first two they ran/jumped right out of your focus, but that happens given the low light and the action. In 6 you nailed it, though!
Though I like 3 best of the series, too, here. She looks so concentrated on her throw. Really good.

And the group shots are fun-fun-fun.
Meant to be that, I am sure, and SHOWING it! Good.

Prime lens... yearn-yearn-yearn.
I am not going to get ANY photography related things for Christmas this year (sniff-sniff) - we need new furniture for the lounge and that has priority, and I need new glasses (expensive!!!!), so that has priority, too. Sniff-sniff.

Most reactions

Back